Forums > Jitter

Open GL Graphics to Matrix

ATH
November 20, 2008 | 2:40 pm

The two videoplanes and the gridshape object in this (attached) patch can be drawn and seen at the same time in the Pwindow blinky, in the window inky, but not in the matrix clyde. This however would be essential to continue after the matrix clyde with more jitter objects.
is there a way to make it work?

thanx 4 hintz

November 21, 2008 | 9:00 pm

Hi ATH,

I got the jit.matrix to work with the gridshape and ONE video at the same time. In fact, none of the destinations would let me blend (w/ blend_enable 1) two videos and the gridshape simultaneously. But I did get the gl.gridshape with one video in the jit.matrix clyde, which is very useful for me; thanks! If this is helpful for you below is what I did with your patch.

Typical of a newbie I just started toggling everything randomly, but then clyde started working as stated above. So, I closed the file a few times to repeat my quasi success. I first started the gl renderer and set its drawto to clyde, then read a movie, toggled its metro and set its drawto to clyde. This worked. Sometimes, if the movie was not originally set to clyde, I’d have to re-bang the clyde destination for the gl.renderer. Interestingly, I loaded a second movie and set it to clyde and nothing would happen until I hit the clyde destination AGAIN for the gl.render. I could switch between movies behind the gl.gridshape, but couldn’t blend any of the layers even after adding a blend_enable 1 to the jit.gl.gridshape…perhaps I’m misinterpreting blending as transparency.

In summary, after some trial and error, the jit.matrix behaved just like the other two destinations; namely, one video with the gl.gridshape over it.

Hope some of the above is useful and again, thank you for your very clear and functional (for me ;)) patch.

Cheers,
Josh

May 16, 2009 | 4:53 pm

Hey everyone

Im working on a patch based on andrew benson’s particle rave patch from recipe book 2. The sprites all have alpha channels, which works out fine when rendering to a jit.window object without a depthbuffer but when I try to render to a 4 plane char matrix, the alpha channel gets messed up in weird ways. (www.tedwiggin.com/alpha_not_working.mov)

I’d like to manipulate it in realtime, record the numbers involved, then play it back and render it out in non real time as a quicktime movie without the alpha channel coming out all weird

I understand I could probably do that using the matrix data output by the gridshape object and recreating the 3d space with standard serial matrix processes but i cant entirely wrap my head around that at the moment. i was wondering if there was another way to do it straight from one of the opengl objects?

Thanks a lot
- Ted

ps. here’s a link to my patch and a few sprites to test it if you’d like. i apologize its a little unwieldy at the moment. to start it, turn off all the metronomoes in the main patch, load the sprites folder into the folder object in the texture_loader subpatch, hit the metronome there and let it count to 50. load an audio file in the main patch, hit the only preset and start the renderer and the sound sample
http://www.tedwiggin.com/wiggin-jitter_question-5:16.zip

May 16, 2009 | 5:05 pm
Hobbes Auburndale wrote on Sat, 16 May 2009 10:53
Hey everyone

Im working on a patch based on andrew benson’s particle rave patch from recipe book 2. The sprites all have alpha channels, which works out fine when rendering to a jit.window object without a depthbuffer but when I try to render to a 4 plane char matrix, the alpha channel gets messed up in weird ways. (www.tedwiggin.com/alpha_not_working.mov)

transparency blending in opengl can only be done with depth_enable 0

Quote:
I’d like to manipulate it in realtime, record the numbers involved, then play it back and render it out in non real time as a quicktime movie without the alpha channel coming out all weird

jit.gl.asyncread or another application like iShowU are surely your friends (mentioned many times in this forum)

for non-realtime recording, you can bang frames from jit.gl.asyncread into jit.record in non-realtime mode.

May 16, 2009 | 5:20 pm

oh fantastic. jit.gl.asynchread was exactly what i needed. and that’s good to know about transparency blending

thankyou so much

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)