Forums > MaxMSP

Open Photoshop app from Max

January 20, 2013 | 11:53 am

Hy guys…
I’m quite new to max, and I’m trying to build a patch to speed up my workflow in digital image processing. One of the steps that I need to solve is to open an application (in my case photoshop) within max, to be able to execute some scripts that I already create inside max implementing some variations in a standard original script.
This could allow me to choose some parameters when I start my work and leave max doing all the routines such create files, folders, links etc.

Sounds interesting?

Unfortunatly I cannot open the app. I’m working with the [shell] object, on an osx system. I’m able to open programs like Contacts, Preview or others, but not the programs of adobe. I’m getting an -666 error…
Programs are located in

/Applications/adobe creative suite 6/Adobe Photoshop CS6

Anyone could help me?

Thanks

January 20, 2013 | 11:58 am

the strange thing is that I’m able to open the application from terminal (osx), but not sending the same string from shell inside max… it’s a kind of transmission problem between max and osx? maybe a codification of text that I doesn’t know?

January 20, 2013 | 10:08 pm

ok… I solved the issue in another way, using the object tap.applescript to run an applescript that open photoshop…

January 21, 2013 | 4:22 pm

launchbrowser as a message to max is an option too.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)