Open web page from max

Dec 16, 2006 at 2:15pm

Open web page from max

Is there an object that can launch a web page give its url? I used
launchurl but it is not UB yet.

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

#29255
Dec 16, 2006 at 2:38pm

message [;max launch_browser http://www.google.com

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
> Is there an object that can launch a web page give its url? I used
> launchurl but it is not UB yet.
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
>
>
>

#90929
Dec 16, 2006 at 7:45pm

Gary,

With a max message called ‘launchbrowser’. Some examples:

——–
;
max launchbrowser http://www.cycling74.com

——–

——–
;
——–

——–
;
max launchbrowser “mailto:maxmsp@cycling74.com?subject=Open web page
from max&body=Is there an object that can launch a web page give its
url? I used launchurl but it is not UB yet.”
——–

——–
;
max launchbrowser file://localhost/Applications/TextEdit.app
——–

Bye,
Philippe

> Is there an object that can launch a web page give its url? I used
> launchurl but it is not UB yet.
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

#90930
Dec 17, 2006 at 1:01pm

#90931
Dec 17, 2006 at 2:21pm

#90932
Dec 17, 2006 at 6:14pm

salut philippe, how do you get the mail to be sent without actually having to use your mail application ?
is there a way to attach an attachement.
i know there are java solutions but i was just curious if there was a way to do it with max “syntax”

a bientot

> ;
> max launchbrowser “mailto:maxmsp@cycling74.com?subject=Open web page
> from max&body=Is there an object that can launch a web page give its
> url? I used launchurl but it is not UB yet.”
> ——–

#90933
Dec 17, 2006 at 6:26pm

the mailto: url will launch your default mail client – just as a
mailto link in a webpage will. it doesnt send any mail, as no pop/
smtp server is specified nor is any account information given

On Dec 17, 2006, at 1:14 PM, karl-otto von oertzen wrote:

>
> salut philippe, how do you get the mail to be sent without actually
> having to use your mail application ?
> is there a way to attach an attachement.
> i know there are java solutions but i was just curious if there was
> a way to do it with max “syntax”
>
> a bientot
>
>
>
>> ;
>> max launchbrowser “mailto:maxmsp@cycling74.com?subject=Open web page
>> from max&body=Is there an object that can launch a web page give its
>> url? I used launchurl but it is not UB yet.”
>> ——–
>
> –
> karrrlo
> http://www.marswalkers.org
> http://www.fleeingbirds.org

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

#90934
Dec 17, 2006 at 6:35pm

#90935
Dec 17, 2006 at 10:17pm

#90936

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.