opening included file in standalone app

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:45pm

opening included file in standalone app

Hi,

I’ve made this bash script, did some fine programming there ;) and used aka.shell to execute it with some parameters to bypass some javascript stuff and speed up and control the proces a bit more.

All works fine when I am using absolute paths and non standalone stuff. However when I want to build a standalone I can’t really find what to do with the file, how do I build the path to what is included in the build? I’ve tried just to do “bashname.sh arguments” but that doesn’t work.

How do I get to the files which are included in the build of an standalone app.

Mind you it is only for OSX.

Thanks,

Maarten

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:52pm

i think they can be invoked via arguments or messages containing a local [relative] filepath. IE bob.txt

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:55pm

I’ve tried that, but that did not work unfortunately. I could execute bob.txt while it was included through that aka.shell object

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:58pm

strange. I think any file included in a standalone or pluggo should automatically become relative. perhaps its a pseudo, subjective bug. I noticed the same sort of “strange behavior” with building pluggo apps.

Apr 4, 2007 at 11:01pm

Quote: Maarten wrote on Thu, 05 April 2007 00:55
—————————————————-
> I’ve tried that, but that did not work unfortunately. I could execute bob.txt while it was included through that aka.shell object
—————————————————-

Of course it should have said “could not open bob.txt” instead of could

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.