opening the same instance of a bpatcher at two different places

May 6, 2009 at 8:28am

opening the same instance of a bpatcher at two different places

Hi,

I would like to show the SAME instance of a bpatcher at two different places. Is there’s a way to do that?
In edit mode, you can right click on a bpatcher, and select ‘Object-> New View of “myBpatcher”‘. That does exactly what I want. But I can’t find a way to get that functionnality out of the edit mode.
Is that (or something similar) possible?

Charles

May 6, 2009 at 8:39am

Not as far as I know.

If you’re using the bpatcher as an interface for something, you could use the same send/receive for the input and output, and [prepend set] every value in the interface.

You can save this and open it in a bpatcher twice:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 6, 2009 at 9:19am

Hi Bas,

Yes I thought about that, but as it is possible in edit mode, I hoped an ‘unrevealed’ message to max allowed that. Smile

You’re right, using send/receive is a workaround that works well for simple max patches. But I got a lot of UI objects.
Having twice the same instance would be much smarter. That would even allows you to have some MSP stuff in your bpatcher (even if it not a really good design) without any impact on the dsp cpu..

So if that “new view” is not possible, is that a choice, or just an unimplemented feature?

May 6, 2009 at 9:41am
Ch wrote on Wed, 06 May 2009 11:19
Hi Bas,

You’re right, using send/receive is a workaround that works well for simple max patches. But I got a lot of UI objects.

If I understand correctly what you’re after, you could also use the ‘bindto’ attribute of [pattr] objects. This way you could duplicate your gui elements somewhere else in your patch and bind them to your [bpatcher]. That said, if there’s a lot of [bpatcher] you want to duplicate, it requires a lot of patching.

Best,
Julien

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.