Opposite of "vis"

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:13pm

Opposite of "vis"

Hi again,

I can do:

object_method(mypatcher, gensym(“vis”));

To make the patcher ‘mypatcher’ visible, but is there a symbol I can
send to hide it? I tried “invis”, but no luck…

Jamie


http://www.postlude.co.uk

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

#41316
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:50pm

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 08:41 -0600, Timothy Place wrote:
> Where “vis” opens the window, you are looking for a function to close
> the window. I *think* “wclose” will do the trick, but I’m not
> actually looking at the code right now.

No, I’m just looking to ‘hide’ the window. ‘wclose’ destroys the window
and frees all objects inside it.

> BTW, if you are wondering what messages are understood by jpatcher
> (e.g. to see if there is an ‘invis’ method) you can always examine the
> messlist member of the t_object.

That’s useful. Looking at the messlist, I see there is a ‘hidden’
message, but I can’t make it work. Maybe it’s not the right thing, but:

object_method(x->integra_subpatch, gensym(“hidden”), true);

Gives me:

patcher: doesn’t understand “”

It’s no big deal if this functionality isn’t available. Just interested,
that’s all.

best,

Jamie


http://www.postlude.co.uk

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

#147034
Dec 13, 2008 at 2:54pm

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Jamie Bullock wrote:

>
> It’s no big deal if this functionality isn’t available. Just interested,
> that’s all.
>

Judging from the messages available for the thispatcher object, I expect
there is no “hide” command.

A possible workaround would be to offset the coordinates of the patcher to
somewhere outside the screen.

Thijs

#147035
Dec 17, 2008 at 6:56am

Quote: jamie wrote on Fri, 12 December 2008 12:50
—————————————————-
> On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 08:41 -0600, Timothy Place wrote:
> > Where “vis” opens the window, you are looking for a function to close
> > the window. I *think* “wclose” will do the trick, but I’m not
> > actually looking at the code right now.
>
> No, I’m just looking to ‘hide’ the window. ‘wclose’ destroys the window
> and frees all objects inside it.

I think what you want is probably something like this:

wind_invis((t_wind *)x->integra_subpatch->p_wind);

which deals with the window directly, rather than the owning patcher – see ext_wind.h for more…

Regards,

Alex

#147036
Dec 17, 2008 at 10:47am

Hi Alex,

Thanks. I think this will only work in Max <5. The t_wind struct and the
inner workings of the t_patcher struct aren’t exposed in the Max 5 API.

Jamie

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 23:56 -0700, Alex Harker wrote:
> Quote: jamie wrote on Fri, 12 December 2008 12:50
> —————————————————-
> > On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 08:41 -0600, Timothy Place wrote:
> > > Where “vis” opens the window, you are looking for a function to close
> > > the window. I *think* “wclose” will do the trick, but I’m not
> > > actually looking at the code right now.
> >
> > No, I’m just looking to ‘hide’ the window. ‘wclose’ destroys the window
> > and frees all objects inside it.
>
> I think what you want is probably something like this:
>
> wind_invis((t_wind *)x->integra_subpatch->p_wind);
>
> which deals with the window directly, rather than the owning patcher – see ext_wind.h for more…
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

http://www.postlude.co.uk

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock

#147037

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.