option drag to create new objects.

Apr 27, 2008 at 8:11pm

option drag to create new objects.

in max4 if you option-drag on an object box to make a new object, you can just start typing to rename it. . .

in max5 you have to select the object box to type in a new object name.

this may seem like a little thing. . . but you know, we all find our ways of working quickly, and suddenly i feel sooooo clunky making my patches!!

i haven’t done so much max5 stuff yet, but this stands out right away as something that slows me down .

bk

#37310
Apr 27, 2008 at 8:19pm

Go to preferences and check

TYPING AUTOMATICALLY EDITS SELECTED BOX

#128846
Apr 27, 2008 at 8:25pm

On 27 avr. 08, at 22:11, ben kamen wrote:

>
> in max4 if you option-drag on an object box to make a new object,
> you can just start typing to rename it. . .
>
> in max5 you have to select the object box to type in a new object
> name.
>
> this may seem like a little thing. . . but you know, we all find our
> ways of working quickly, and suddenly i feel sooooo clunky making
> my patches!!
>
> i haven’t done so much max5 stuff yet, but this stands out right
> away as something that slows me down .

Check “Typing Automatically Edits Selected Box” in the
Preferences>Patching.

ej

#128847
Apr 27, 2008 at 8:27pm

YAY

thanks!!!

#128848
Apr 28, 2008 at 4:37am

Emmanuel Jourdan skrev:
> On 27 avr. 08, at 22:11, ben kamen wrote:
>
>>
>> in max4 if you option-drag on an object box to make a new object, you
>> can just start typing to rename it. . .
>>
>> in max5 you have to select the object box to type in a new object name.
> Check “Typing Automatically Edits Selected Box” in the
> Preferences>Patching.
>
> ej
Cheers, was wondering this myself.

Here’s my vote for making that the default behaviour, for consistencys
sake at least.
Thanks,
A.

#128849
Apr 28, 2008 at 4:44am

> Here’s my vote for making that the default behaviour, for consistencys
> sake at least.

Well, since Max remembers what you set for your preference when you exit and return, it IS your default behavior, if you set it.

#128850

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.