Forums > MaxMSP

OSX 10.4.10 safe?

July 18, 2007 | 4:47 pm

I’ve searched for this answer but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.
Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


July 18, 2007 | 5:00 pm

On 18 juil. 07, at 18:47, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:

> I’ve searched for this answer but I can’t seem to find a definitive
> answer.
> Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?

If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn’t recommend, there’s problem with
airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna have
to reinstall the drivers manually).

ej


July 18, 2007 | 5:13 pm

There doesn’t seem to be any problem with a non-pro MacBook though



FP
July 18, 2007 | 5:45 pm

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/audioupdate2007001.html

it seems to solve the audio problem.
i didn’t check…

…back to 10.4.9
and waiting…


July 18, 2007 | 6:18 pm

>I’ve searched for this answer but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.
>Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?

did it a few days ago, and i see no difference – of course i did it
only because i have no gigs (etc) in the very near future.

but seems to be totally harmless, all works – i don’t see any
difference to tell the truth

than i am still on PPC

best

kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

http://www.myspace.com/sleazeart


July 18, 2007 | 6:25 pm

safe , I don’t know
(I did not do any concert with, at the moment)
but I have worked on Max (programming only) since to days
and no problem til yet,with airport either

on a MacBookPro rev b

os 10.4.10
max 4.6.3


July 18, 2007 | 6:28 pm

sorry I wanted to write
best
Eryck


July 18, 2007 | 7:17 pm

Yes, I am on a MacBook Pro and I use airport a lot. I’ll wait then until
things settle down.

Thanks, ej and all other who responded.

On 7/18/07 1:00 PM, "Emmanuel Jourdan" wrote:

> On 18 juil. 07, at 18:47, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
>
>> I’ve searched for this answer but I can’t seem to find a definitive
>> answer.
>> Is it safe to upgrade to 10.4.10?
>
> If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn’t recommend, there’s problem with
> airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna have
> to reinstall the drivers manually).
>
> ej
>
>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


July 18, 2007 | 7:18 pm

On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:

> If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn’t recommend, there’s problem
> with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you gonna
> have to reinstall the drivers manually).

I have a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro on 10.4.10. Airport seems to
work fine.

– N.

Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
http://www.cassiel.com
http://www.myspace.com/cassieldotcom
http://www.loadbang.net



jbm
July 18, 2007 | 7:28 pm

G5 dual 1.8, OS X 10.4.10, MaxMSP 4.6.3 – all’s well.


July 18, 2007 | 7:45 pm

On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Nick Rothwell wrote:

>
> On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:00, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
>
>> If you have a MacBook pro, I wouldn’t recommend, there’s problem
>> with airport drivers which causes a LOT of kernel panics (you
>> gonna have to reinstall the drivers manually).
>
> I have a 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro on 10.4.10. Airport seems
> to work fine.
>

I’m on a 2.16 GHz Core Duo, OSX 10.4.10, MaxMSP 4.6.3 – no problems
at all, and I use airport daily

—-
Steven M. Miller
Professor, Contemporary Music Program
College of Santa Fe

Home < http://pubweb.csf.edu/~smill>
SFIFEM <
http://sfifem.csf.edu>
Atrium Sound Space <
http://atrium.csf.edu>
OVOS <
http://pubweb.csf.edu/~smill/ovos.html>
CMP <
http://www.csf.edu/csf/academics/cmp/index.html>


July 18, 2007 | 8:13 pm

Working fine here on two Intel iMacs and an Intel Mini.
I installed the Audio update on the iMacs, even though they didn’t seem to
need it; I tried on the Mini, but it rejected it (‘don’t need this update’
indeed!)
Cheers
Roger


Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)