Forums > MaxMSP

OSX 10.9 Maverick and dmx (java) crash

October 30, 2013 | 5:07 am

I’m working on this patch including the imp.dmx.artnetout external.
After upgrading to Maverick (sorry, to fast, didn’t check things enough before) while opening the patch it asked to install a new JAVA. After doing that the patch crashes MAX on opening. After removing the imp.dmx.artnetout external (on a window-computer) the problem is gone.
Anybody for an solution? Known other problems with Java orientated patches? A chance for improvement in the new update of MAX? Or is the only rescue a new version op the imp.-external?

Thanks to all

Peter

October 30, 2013 | 5:41 am

Use this instead of imp.dmx.artnetout:

http://www.theimpersonalstereo.com/blog/2012/12/updated-max-art-net-objects/

October 30, 2013 | 6:30 am

Hai David

Thanks for your incredible fast response.
But unfortunately. The new version appears "browned-out" in my patch, as in your example patch. So somewhere there is something wrong. Java? Could I go back in Java to an older version maybe?

But thanks a lot for your effort.

Peter

October 30, 2013 | 2:24 pm

Does the max window show an error when loading the object?

October 30, 2013 | 2:41 pm

No. No error message. Max freezes at the moment I hit the enter after filling in the patcher name and attributes in the box. The MAX window stays open but no action, just the famous rotating colorful wheel. The only solution then is forcing MAX to stop.

Peter

October 31, 2013 | 4:46 am

OK, must be some incompatibility with OS X 10.9. I’ll take a look at it when I get a moment.

October 31, 2013 | 9:11 am

Thanks a lot.
I will let you know if any update from OSX or MAX will change anything.

Bye
Peter

November 1, 2013 | 7:46 am

By the way…
I just noticed that on opening the example-patch the MAX window gives the attached message.
Note: I first did reinstall JAVAForOSC2013-05, but maybe that has nothing to do with it…

imp.artnet.controller: unable to load object bundle executable
2013-11-01 15:35:29.436 Max[36481:707] Error loading /Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.controller.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.controller: dlopen(/Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.controller.mxo/Contents/MacOS/i
mp.artnet.controller, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.controller.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.controller: mach-o, but wrong architecture
bpatcher: bpatcher: error loading patcher ImpAbout.maxpat

November 10, 2013 | 10:45 am

In the mean time I tested with the new 6.1.5 version of MAX.
Same problems:
Crash at trying to startup imp.artnetout.
Greyed out patcher when trying to start imp.artnet.node or imp.arnet.controller from the .maxhelp-file.
The MAX-window gives this error:

imp.artnet.node: unable to load object bundle executable
2013-11-10 22:31:12.160 Max[40217:707] Error loading /Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.node.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.node: dlopen(/Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.node.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.node, 26
2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.node.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.node: mach-o, but wrong architecture

imp.artnet.controller: unable to load object bundle executable
2013-11-10 22:31:40.410 Max[40217:707] Error loading /Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.controller.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.controller: dlopen(/Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.controller.mxo/Contents/MacOS/i
mp.artnet.controller, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Applications/Max 6.1/My patches/imp.artnet/imp.artnet.controller.mxo/Contents/MacOS/imp.artnet.controller: mach-o, but wrong architecture

In for any help.
Thanks a lot,
Best

Peter

Nat
November 10, 2013 | 10:55 am

This is a known bug in Max 6.1.5
Try loading a simple mxj object first (like mxj list.Group)
then load the imp.dmx.artnetout
it should now load correctly

the C version also seems to work for me under mavericks…

November 18, 2013 | 5:12 am

Great
That really was the problem.
imp.artnet.controller is again working as expected! Thanks for all the help.

Peter

(PS imp.artnet.node still appears greyed-out after loading)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)