[OT] bad online quicktime performance

Nov 1, 2006 at 2:40pm

[OT] bad online quicktime performance

hello

I have quicktime installed on my pc but when I am watching an online video the
sound is completely distored with any sound card. To be more precise, you hear
the sound two times (a kind of single echo) and there are lots of clicks.
Non-quicktime videos work normally …

Any idea ?

Regards,
Julien

#28471
Nov 3, 2006 at 4:11am

yeah i had that problem, well one very similar to it. just go get the new
QT!!! or even the new itunes, as it will complety remove any old instance of
itunes and qt and install with fresh working copys. ps it only happened to
me in firefox :(

DEATH TO IE heheh

On 11/1/06, julien breval wrote:
>
> hello
>
> I have quicktime installed on my pc but when I am watching an online video
> the
> sound is completely distored with any sound card. To be more precise, you
> hear
> the sound two times (a kind of single echo) and there are lots of clicks.
> Non-quicktime videos work normally …
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Regards,
> Julien
>
>

#87442
Nov 3, 2006 at 2:28pm

I have the latest QT and no previous version was ever installed.
Actually this problem only happens with “pro” sound cards. When I use the
motherboard crappy sound card (Conexant), the sound is ok.

Joel Swensen

:

> yeah i had that problem, well one very similar to it. just go get the new
> QT!!! or even the new itunes, as it will complety remove any old instance of
> itunes and qt and install with fresh working copys. ps it only happened to
> me in firefox :(
>
> DEATH TO IE heheh
>
> On 11/1/06, julien breval wrote:
> >
> > hello
> >
> > I have quicktime installed on my pc but when I am watching an online video
> > the
> > sound is completely distored with any sound card. To be more precise, you
> > hear
> > the sound two times (a kind of single echo) and there are lots of clicks.
> > Non-quicktime videos work normally …
> >
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Julien
> >
> >
>

#87443
Nov 5, 2006 at 7:04am

julien breval wrote:
> I have the latest QT and no previous version was ever installed.
> Actually this problem only happens with “pro” sound cards. When I use the
> motherboard crappy sound card (Conexant), the sound is ok.

That should give you a hint: pro soundcards do know other samplerates as
44.1 kHz, but quicktime does probably a very bad or no real sample rate
conversion…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#87444
Nov 7, 2006 at 9:33am

No, actually it’s a known bad interaction of my sound card and Quicktime under
Windows :( solution is downgrading QT currently

Stefan Tiedje :

> That should give you a hint: pro soundcards do know other samplerates as
> 44.1 kHz, but quicktime does probably a very bad or no real sample rate
> conversion…
>
> Stefan

#87445

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.