[OT] Collaborative Performance Technology Workshop in Cambridge 21st December

Nov 16, 2006 at 5:36pm

[OT] Collaborative Performance Technology Workshop in Cambridge 21st December

[apologies for cross posting]

Participation is solicited for a fully funded (including UK travel expenses), one day “collaboration masterclass” for advanced performance technologies.

The technical focus will be on the use of SuperCollider and Max/ MSP,combined with a range of novel physical materials and sensors to augment real-time performances. Participants will be expected to have significant prior experience with SuperCollider or Max/MSP, although a small number of artists and composers will be invited from other performing backgrounds.

The workshop is on December 21st (with an evening meal on the 20th) and will be held at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.

Further details and registration information are here:

http://www.crassh.cam.ac.uk/events/2006-7/performtech.html

Owen

Nov 17, 2006 at 9:11pm

This looks very interesting, unfortunatelly living in the States i will not b able to attend it.
But i would love to have some feedback about the workshop.
do you think you could setup a wiki or make patches and scripts available to non-participants ?

it would be wonderfull.

best,

Quote: Owen Green wrote on Thu, 16 November 2006 09:36
—————————————————-
> [apologies for cross posting]
>
> Participation is solicited for a fully funded (including UK travel expenses), one day “collaboration masterclass” for advanced performance technologies.
>
> The technical focus will be on the use of SuperCollider and Max/ MSP,combined with a range of novel physical materials and sensors to augment real-time performances. Participants will be expected to have significant prior experience with SuperCollider or Max/MSP, although a small number of artists and composers will be invited from other performing backgrounds.
>
> The workshop is on December 21st (with an evening meal on the 20th) and will be held at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge.
>
> Further details and registration information are here:
>
> http://www.crassh.cam.ac.uk/events/2006-7/performtech.html
>
> —
> Owen
—————————————————-

Nov 19, 2006 at 7:23pm

I’m not running things, but I’ll certainaly suggest it, as it’s a great idea.

The workshop itself is only for one day, but the expectation is that we’ll go away and keep working on things afterwards, so useful things to share, like scripts, could emgere and improve (and be improved upon) in this period.

Thanks for your thoughts,
O

Quote: (karrrlo) wrote on Fri, 17 November 2006 21:11
—————————————————-
>
> This looks very interesting, unfortunatelly living in the States i will not b able to attend it.
> But i would love to have some feedback about the workshop.
> do you think you could setup a wiki or make patches and scripts available to non-participants ?
>
——————————-

Nov 20, 2006 at 12:02am

thanks for considering this, i am sure i am not the only one who would love to hear more about this workshop, and its follow up.
best,
k

Quote: Owen Green wrote on Sun, 19 November 2006 11:23
—————————————————-
> I’m not running things, but I’ll certainaly suggest it, as it’s a great idea.
>
> The workshop itself is only for one day, but the expectation is that we’ll go away and keep working on things afterwards, so useful things to share, like scripts, could emgere and improve (and be improved upon) in this period.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> O
>
>
> Quote: (karrrlo) wrote on Fri, 17 November 2006 21:11
> —————————————————-
> >
> > This looks very interesting, unfortunatelly living in the States i will not b able to attend it.
> > But i would love to have some feedback about the workshop.
> > do you think you could setup a wiki or make patches and scripts available to non-participants ?
> >
> ——————————-
>
—————————————————-

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.