[OT] converting 5-track sound file to 5 mono tracks

Jul 9, 2007 at 3:51pm

[OT] converting 5-track sound file to 5 mono tracks

Hello,

I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but I can’t import them into Digital Performer.

Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five splitted mono tracks ?

Thanks for your help,
-j

#32810
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:07pm

On 9 juil. 07, at 17:51, julienbreval wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but
> I can’t import them into Digital Performer.

You mean sfrecord~, don’t you?

> Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five
> splitted mono tracks ?

The last time I checked, Audacity was able to do that.

ej

#108497
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:20pm

can’t this be done with quicktime? (though maybe only with quicktime
pro, which isn’t free.)
b

On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:51 AM, julienbreval wrote:

>
> Hello,
>
> I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but
> I can’t import them into Digital Performer.
>
> Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five
> splitted mono tracks ?
>
>
> Thanks for your help,
> -j

bruce tovsky
http://www.skeletonhome.com

“To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything.”
Albert Einstein

#108498
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:52pm

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity

p

julienbreval wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but I can’t import them into Digital Performer.
>
> Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five splitted mono tracks ?
>
>
> Thanks for your help,
> -j
>
>
>

http://pure.test.at

#108499
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:59pm

I’ve used Audacity to dump multiple channels out individually, but this
method was time-consuming if the files were very large.

This tool was just announced on the cec-conference list, and it looks
like it will save my life. I’m tired of so many programs which require
overviews to be rendered before any operations can be performed.
(though it’s true Quicktime Pro is nice in this respect for its lack of
graphical feedback). The announcement is copied below:

“I’m pleased to announce that a beta release De-Interleaver is
available for download and testing. De-Interleaver is a Mac OSX app
which does two things: Interleave multiple mono files into a
multichannel file, and split a multichannel file into mono files.

Download available here: http://scottwilson.ca/site/Software.html

Best,

Scott”

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:20:13 -0400, “bruce tovsky”
said:
> can’t this be done with quicktime? (though maybe only with quicktime
> pro, which isn’t free.)
> b
>
> On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:51 AM, julienbreval wrote:
>
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but
> > I can’t import them into Digital Performer.
> >
> > Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five
> > splitted mono tracks ?
> >
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > -j
>
> bruce tovsky
> http://www.skeletonhome.com
>
> “To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything.”
> Albert Einstein
>

#108500
Jul 9, 2007 at 10:26pm

Just tried De-Interleaver. Works great. I had been working on something
similar using buf.Op. How about a function that normalizes the
de-interlaced files to the peak amplitude of the multi-track file.

On 7/9/07 12:59 PM, “Timothy Sutton” wrote:

> I’ve used Audacity to dump multiple channels out individually, but this
> method was time-consuming if the files were very large.
>
>
> This tool was just announced on the cec-conference list, and it looks
> like it will save my life. I’m tired of so many programs which require
> overviews to be rendered before any operations can be performed.
> (though it’s true Quicktime Pro is nice in this respect for its lack of
> graphical feedback). The announcement is copied below:
>
>
> “I’m pleased to announce that a beta release De-Interleaver is
> available for download and testing. De-Interleaver is a Mac OSX app
> which does two things: Interleave multiple mono files into a
> multichannel file, and split a multichannel file into mono files.
>
> Download available here: http://scottwilson.ca/site/Software.html
>
> Best,
>
> Scott”
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:20:13 -0400, “bruce tovsky”
> said:
>> can’t this be done with quicktime? (though maybe only with quicktime
>> pro, which isn’t free.)
>> b
>>
>> On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:51 AM, julienbreval wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but
>>> I can’t import them into Digital Performer.
>>>
>>> Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five
>>> splitted mono tracks ?
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>> -j
>>
>> bruce tovsky
>> http://www.skeletonhome.com
>>
>> “To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything.”
>> Albert Einstein
>>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson

#108501
Jul 9, 2007 at 10:47pm

I have just discovered that you can do batch processing with csound, using a
particular bash command and macros defined in your orchestra file. It will
be great for doing this kind of stuff like splitting channels or
normalizing. If you’re interested here is the thread:

http://www.nabble.com/Batch-processing-audio-files-with-csound%28-%29-tf4040859.html#a11479708

I’m working on a little max patch that uses csound~ external for batch
processing, and of course there are no limitations as to how many channels
you have.

On os x Quattro is great for batch processing if you can afford to buy it,
very much worth it. The batch function on Quattro doesn’t actually rely on
any kind of graphic display:

http://www.i3net.it/Products/dspQuattro/Asp/Index_EN.asp

Peiman

On 09/07/07, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
>
> Just tried De-Interleaver. Works great. I had been working on something
> similar using buf.Op. How about a function that normalizes the
> de-interlaced files to the peak amplitude of the multi-track file.
>
>
> On 7/9/07 12:59 PM, “Timothy Sutton” wrote:
>
> > I’ve used Audacity to dump multiple channels out individually, but this
> > method was time-consuming if the files were very large.
> >
> >
> > This tool was just announced on the cec-conference list, and it looks
> > like it will save my life. I’m tired of so many programs which require
> > overviews to be rendered before any operations can be performed.
> > (though it’s true Quicktime Pro is nice in this respect for its lack of
> > graphical feedback). The announcement is copied below:
> >
> >
> > “I’m pleased to announce that a beta release De-Interleaver is
> > available for download and testing. De-Interleaver is a Mac OSX app
> > which does two things: Interleave multiple mono files into a
> > multichannel file, and split a multichannel file into mono files.
> >
> > Download available here: http://scottwilson.ca/site/Software.html
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Scott”
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:20:13 -0400, “bruce tovsky”
> > said:
> >> can’t this be done with quicktime? (though maybe only with quicktime
> >> pro, which isn’t free.)
> >> b
> >>
> >> On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:51 AM, julienbreval wrote:
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Hello,
> >>>
> >>> I am recording 5-track *.aif files inside Max with [sfplay~ 5], but
> >>> I can’t import them into Digital Performer.
> >>>
> >>> Do you know any freeware that would convert these files to five
> >>> splitted mono tracks ?
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Thanks for your help,
> >>> -j
> >>
> >> bruce tovsky
> >> http://www.skeletonhome.com
> >>
> >> “To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything.”
> >> Albert Einstein
> >>
>
>
> Cheers
> Gary Lee Nelson
> Oberlin College
> http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson
>
>
>

#108502
Jul 10, 2007 at 9:46am

#108503
Jul 10, 2007 at 10:10pm

#108504
Jul 17, 2007 at 9:35am

Thanks for your help everybody.

#108505
Jul 18, 2007 at 3:13pm

#108506
Nov 22, 2010 at 5:48pm

blankety …

#108507

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.