[OT] iPhone as Oscillator

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:30pm

[OT] iPhone as Oscillator

Hi,

This is not a topic for all Maxers but for people who are interesting
in iPhone.
I uploaded a demo movie of an iPhone’s oscillator application for at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdUzUe37vIU

As I described in the video information, the application is not
distributed at this time.
Because it is very buggy and freezes your iPhone certainly.
Please don’t ask me about the future plan. I’m new to Audio Queue
programming.

Thank you.

Masayuki Akamatsu

#35519
Jan 26, 2008 at 12:41am

thanks for showing us.
you re my hero masayuki!

:)

On Jan 25, 2008, at 11:30 PM, Masayuki Akamatsu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is not a topic for all Maxers but for people who are
> interesting in iPhone.
> I uploaded a demo movie of an iPhone’s oscillator application for at:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdUzUe37vIU
>
> As I described in the video information, the application is not
> distributed at this time.
> Because it is very buggy and freezes your iPhone certainly.
> Please don’t ask me about the future plan. I’m new to Audio Queue
> programming.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Masayuki Akamatsu

#121170
Jan 26, 2008 at 3:54am

Hi Masayuki,
I just recently bought an iPod Touch and I’ve been taking a look at all the cool stuff that you and others have been working on and offering to the community. I wonder if I could get your opinion on a couple of things.
1. How safe is the jailbreak procedure? From what I see, it doesn’t appear to be too problematic. Given that Apple is supposed to release the SDK shortly, I’m wondering if I should just wait.
2. What are you expecting from the Apple SDK? Do you think it might be needlessly restrictive? I guess that’s impossible to say at this point, but if it falls short I guess we’ll keep on hacking.
Thanks for your time (my Wii Remote thanks you too)
Jim

#121171
Jan 26, 2008 at 8:04am

Hi Jim,

Though I don’t have an iPod touch…

On 2008/01/26, at 12:54, Jim Bell wrote:

> 1. How safe is the jailbreak procedure? From what I see, it doesn’t
> appear to be too problematic. Given that Apple is supposed to
> release the SDK shortly, I’m wondering if I should just wait.

Usually restore Firmware 1.1.1 and a phone calling technique for
AppSnapp Installer.
http://iphone.unlock.no/#recovery-restore-mode

http://iphone.unlock.no/#Bypass-Activation-and-Jailbreak

> 2. What are you expecting from the Apple SDK? Do you think it might
> be needlessly restrictive? I guess that’s impossible to say at this
> point, but if it falls short I guess we’ll keep on hacking.

I’m afraid that it might be a sandbox environment but I have no
information about it :-)
We will know it soon or later, at least one month later.

I wish Max ( or runtime) will run on my palm top.

BTW, I fixed some bugs of that application and open it at:

http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/iphone/#Sinewave.app

It’s a simple sine wave oscillator and might be a little dull…. ;-)
The one you can see on YouTube was the result of my bad programming.

Thank you.

Masayuki Akamatsu

#121172
Jan 27, 2008 at 3:59am

Thanks Masayuki,
I think I’ll take the plunge :-)
best,
Jim

#121173
Feb 1, 2008 at 3:50am

sine waves are not boring. sine waves are evidence of something new….

#121174

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.