Forums > Jitter

output git.gl.gridshape to jit.vcr

February 27, 2014 | 9:17 am

hello.    i would like to be able to output a git.gl.gridshape to a jit.vcr to record audio and 3d shapes into a quicktime movie.   However, i just have a rainbow grid, not the rotating 3d cube that shows (when not enabling the message: matrixoutput with "1" as a parameter).

i think i misunderstand the type of data coming out of git.gl.gridshape, and the type that jit.vcr expects, but i don’t know why i have the misunderstanding after reading the tutorials.

can anyone help with the below compressed code?  (the mix.aif can be switched out with any audio file as you know).

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

dtr
February 27, 2014 | 9:47 am

Your copy-compressed action didn’t quite work as expected ;)

But I can already tell you that gridshape outputs geometry data, not a rendered image. You could look at jit.gl.node with @capture 1 to do what you want.

February 27, 2014 | 10:01 am

or jit.gl.asyncread

February 27, 2014 | 10:25 am

i tried both of those but am uncertain why it doesn’t work when i try either of your suggestions.

here’s another attempt at copying the compressed code. Can you let me know what needs to be connected to what? (regarding the jit.gl.node or jit.gl.asyncread)?

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

February 27, 2014 | 12:28 pm

nevermind, after some reading i figured out how to use jit.gl.asyncread. thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)