Forums > MaxMSP

Output separate channels to individual ethernet connections.

May 18, 2010 | 1:48 pm

Hi there.

I have create a max patch that allows me to control multiple different sound sources within a space using pictsliders to control volume outputs on a network of speakers.

I’m currently outputting to 8 channels via a dac~ object, but the speaker system I am going to seems to receive via ethernet (it is an Intelix mixer). Is there any way I can convert each individual channel sent from the dac~ object and send it over ethernet to play through each speaker.

March 14, 2011 | 3:39 pm

Hi mate, im interested in your patch as im looking to control and manipulate multiple sounds but preferably using one pictslider with multiple knobs. Would you know how to go about doing such a thing?

March 14, 2011 | 4:37 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve touched Max, but I never found a multi-knob pictslider.

I made do by overlaying a bunch of pictsliders with transparent backgrounds, but this was just for viewing where the sound objects were rather than controlling them.

Sorry I can’t offer any more help.

I am a novice with Max really and can’t remember all my resources off hand. Feel free to have a look through my project documentation over at http://www.orrinward.co.uk/soundsocial though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)