Parse Multiple MIDI streams from a single source

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:16am

Parse Multiple MIDI streams from a single source

Hi Everyone,

Any ideas how to parse and continuously track multiple midi streams from a single source. I have several variable MIDI CC’s entering Max/MSP which I’d like to parse and map to different objects. Obviously the midiparse object can separate out CC’s and their values individually, but when two CC generating sources both send data at the same time their continuously varying values are parsed simultaneously to the CC outlet of the midiparse object. If I map a couple of dials for example to two CC numbers, when sent individually the CC’s values change the dial correctly, but when send simultaneously this becomes inaccurate and erratic. Is there a way around this?. Is there a method or object that will allow the value sent with the specific CC to be separated from another value sent from a different CC?. Any suggestions welcome. I thought about channelising but that obviously limits me to only 16 possibilities .. Nice one :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:33am

have you looked at ctlin? If you use this properly you should have 16 channels x 128 controllers. Ctlin will tag each value to a controller number, and channel if you choose to use that.

Feb 1, 2014 at 6:07am

Ok cool, I’ll have a look at that object, sounds like that might be what I’m looking for. Many thanks :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.