Pasting patches from the forum and object size

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:27am

Pasting patches from the forum and object size

When I paste a patch from the forum it defaults to a smaller than normal object size. Is there a way of overriding this behaviour?

Thanks

Apr 12, 2009 at 4:36pm

No. However when you paste the patch, select Scale… from the Edit menu to change the size of every selected objects at once.

HTH,

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:10pm

That’s great. Thanks, ej.

Apr 13, 2009 at 1:22am
Emmanuel Jourdan wrote on Sun, 12 April 2009 11:36
No. However when you paste the patch, select Scale… from the Edit menu to change the size of every selected objects at once.

HTH,

Holy mackerel. Overlooked the possibilities there. Any way to do that kind of scaling programmatically? Wondering whether UI objects, and in particular bpatchers, could be scaled at runtime, so you could have the interface as big or small as you want while you interact with it.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:12am

It’s definitely not going to happen anytime soon. Although you can easily script those zooming functions using javascript for instance.

Apr 14, 2009 at 6:22am

Did you consider using the zoom function? For interactiveness it seems more appropriate than changing the patch itself…

Stefan

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:27am
stefantiedje wrote on Tue, 14 April 2009 01:22
Did you consider using the zoom function? For interactiveness it seems more appropriate than changing the patch itself…

Stefan

I meant something which could be done with Runtime though.

Also it would be cool to have the Navigate Zoom work in a locked patch, but I’m sure there’s a good reason why it doesn’t/can’t. Can you zoom in and out of a patcher programmatically with messages to Max or with Javascript? I would imagine so…

Could be interesting to combine a custom-made zoom navigation panel (or just a slider) with the auto-window-scroll feature you can do in js. So, for example, use a floating jit.window “control panel” to auto-scroll around in X and Y, and holding Shift (or right-clicking) while dragging would zoom in and out as you move in the Y direction.

Apr 14, 2009 at 1:37pm
seejayjames wrote on Tue, 14 April 2009 11:27
Also it would be cool to have the Navigate Zoom work in a locked patch, but I’m sure there’s a good reason why it doesn’t/can’t. Can you zoom in and out of a patcher programmatically with messages to Max or with Javascript? I would imagine so…

There’s multiple reasons why this is not currently exposed. One of them is that the zoom is not attached to a patcher, but to a patcher view, and an object such as js reside in a patcher, and can have multiple views. So in order to access to the parameter views you would have to iterate through the views or something like that. This is probably not going to happen in a near future.

Apr 14, 2009 at 6:30pm

Ah, gotcha. That clears things up.

I guess if I really want zoomable interfaces I can make things in jsui or a GL window anyway.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.