Forums > Jitter

Patch optimisation

June 13, 2011 | 5:12 pm

Hi i’m relatively(?) new to Max and i’m searching a way to avoid to put many switches as I’m doing here .
Can I use Sel ? How ? I need some explanation .

I work on a kind of simple vjing tool with V001 shaders .

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

MIB
June 13, 2011 | 5:51 pm

I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with switches and gates. why do you feel you should avoid them?
But you could probably reduce it to 2 jit.gl.slab objects (since you only ever have 1 of them in use by the look of it) and while one is working, change the shader of the other one with the "read" message then switch over to the second one while you change the 1st one… not sure if that’s any simpler since you will need further logic for the control messages…

MIB
June 13, 2011 | 5:51 pm

I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with switches and gates. why do you feel you should avoid them?
But you could probably reduce it to 2 jit.gl.slab objects (since you only ever have 1 of them in use by the look of it) and while one is working, change the shader of the other one with the "read" message then switch over to the second one while you change the 1st one… not sure if that’s any simpler since you will need further logic for the control messages…

June 13, 2011 | 6:40 pm

If i need to put an effect and after a second effect I need to change all switches . I would like to put a number on effet .(1 =effect 1 2=effect 2)to trigger them easily.(much easier? )
thank you.

June 13, 2011 | 6:40 pm

If i need to put an effect and after a second effect I need to change all switches . I would like to put a number on effet .(1 =effect 1 2=effect 2)to trigger them easily.(much easier? )
thank you.

MIB
June 13, 2011 | 7:48 pm

not sure I understand. why not use a [gate 7] ?

MIB
June 13, 2011 | 7:48 pm

not sure I understand. why not use a [gate 7] ?

June 13, 2011 | 8:50 pm

Because I’m a newbie !!! !

thank you very much I never seen any arguments with [gate ]

SImple . The best . See you soon ..

I like max much everyday ! !

June 13, 2011 | 8:50 pm

Because I’m a newbie !!! !

thank you very much I never seen any arguments with [gate ]

SImple . The best . See you soon ..

I like max much everyday ! !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)