patch relative filepath

May 1, 2012 at 9:05pm

patch relative filepath

Hi,

I’ve googled around and here too, but couldn’t find a solution to make a patch loading samples to play in some sfplay~ objects with a PATCH relative filepath…

I used to make it pretty easily in PD, I can’t believe it’s so complicated in max/msp…

I have to put it into another computer.

May 1, 2012 at 10:53pm

Send the word
path
to [thispatcher] and get the relative path from the right outlet. The patch must be saved as a file to get a path.

Note:
The example below works only for regular Max patches, for applications you need a different method.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

`

May 2, 2012 at 6:54am

will this work if the patch is opened on another computer with the max runtime ?

thank you anyway !

May 2, 2012 at 7:54am

I saved the patch, put it in another folder, opened with Max runtime, worked. So yes, must be the same on another computer as long as there is Max installed.

May 2, 2012 at 8:38pm

I took a slightly different approach to this problem. I create an abstraction with pretty much the same code (path to thispatcher) but I give it an inlet and outlet and then throw it in the root folder of a particular environment. E.g, the code below is stored in a file called CurrentRigRoot in a folder that contains all the patchers and related files used for a particular live rig.

I can then work with a new patcher, before even saving it, and have access to stuff I need, relative to the location where CurrentRigRoot is saved.

E.g

I have a few of these abstractions, suitably named, deployed in important places – for example, there’s one called CurrentPatchRoot that is stored in a folder where all my .fxp files are to be saved and then I can easily access that from anywhere as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.