Forums > Jitter

Patch slows down massively when going to fullscreen

March 5, 2010 | 5:05 am

I’ve made a patch that reads in a file, slices it into 5 segments, rearranges the segments, and then spits it out to two different output contexts (one goes to a DualHead2Go and the other to a TripleHead2Go).

I’m using jit.gl.videoplane to prepare the videos for output, and using all the jit.gl goodness for playback.

The patch runs fine when the output windows are minimized, either on the primary monitor or when the output windows are placed on their corresponding output monitors. Everything renders at between 45 and 50fps, with a 1920×1080 input file.

However, when the output windows are maximized, and fill their respective monitors, the frame rates drop dramatically – on the order of 8 to 11 fps.

I’m using OpenGL for rendering (see attached patch), so I suspect that something is going wrong with the graphics card?

Attachments:
  1. ATSP_player.zip

March 5, 2010 | 9:21 am

hi…
isnt the same setup as you, but in my system with one TripleHead2Go works fine…. i think one window goes to the main screen and the other to the Th2go… in fullscreen i get 40fps…

i have this kind of issues when p.e a max window patch overlaps over a jit.window even if its just one pixel… also i have some issues using fullscreen jit.window attrbutte, i ended up using border 0, rect xx xx xx xx attributes to do the fullscreen…

good luck!

March 5, 2010 | 10:29 am

Hi

May be it will help…

That’s something I wanted to write about for a while.
I made a patch on a G5 quad with two different video cards three month ago and using open GL on a Max 5, Mac OsX 10.5.8, quicktime updated…
We used three outputs for three televisions.

I realized that the frame rate drop dramaticaly WHEN I declared an original @pos in the window object AND move this window on an other screen. As if the window was ok on it’s original declared output but not when you move it to another.

I think you don’t have the problem if you don’t declare the @pos in the objet itself but with a message after its creation.

Does it speak to you ?

March 5, 2010 | 5:41 pm

@7391 – I think you’re onto something there.

There might be something going on with having the context created on one card and then moved to another. It is an easy change to make.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)