patcher 'embed patcher', crash related ?

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:06pm

patcher 'embed patcher', crash related ?

I recently had quite a lot of trouble with a REALLY simple patch. On many occasion, the saving of the patch didn’t seem to work, resulting in a corrupted patch : weird connections, objects/sub-patchs missing, etc. I had a search thru the archives and found some post mentionning this problem, but no official reason for this kind of trouble. I wonder if it could be related to the use of bpatcher with ‘embed patcher’ set to on. The fact is that I never had the corrupted patchs problem before and I never used this option of bpatcher. Moreover, I now set the option off and I did not get this problem anymore – at least for now. Does someone have some infos about this or experienced the same behaviour ?

Sorry for the lack of precisions, but I can’t reproduce the problem. It just happened. I first thought it was related to pattrstorage as well since it happened when having to save the xml file, but it does not seem to be consistent neither. I’m on Mac, last OS, last Max, if it helps.

#32243
Jun 2, 2007 at 9:29pm

Was this a one off occurrance or has it happened multiple times? as I have never had this problem.

The only time I have ever experienced anything like what you describe was when I accidentally created a stack overflow that occurred upon launch. I had to edit the max text to remove the problem but this also created issues similar to what you describe.

What I am getting at I suppose is – Is there anything that you may have done to cause it – if it is a one off?

Andy

#105691
Jun 3, 2007 at 12:18am

#105692
Jun 4, 2007 at 8:58pm

I see the same behavior with that option checked, was just scratching
my head about it too. It is very consistent when I change the
embedded bpatcher. Perhaps this is expected behavior.

Max 1.6.3/Jitter 1.6.3rc1

On Jun 2, 2007, at 10:06 PM, jln wrote:

>
> I recently had quite a lot of trouble with a REALLY simple patch.
> On many occasion, the saving of the patch didn’t seem to work,
> resulting in a corrupted patch : weird connections, objects/sub-
> patchs missing, etc. I had a search thru the archives and found
> some post mentionning this problem, but no official reason for this
> kind of trouble. I wonder if it could be related to the use of
> bpatcher with ‘embed patcher’ set to on. The fact is that I never
> had the corrupted patchs problem before and I never used this
> option of bpatcher. Moreover, I now set the option off and I did
> not get this problem anymore – at least for now. Does someone have
> some infos about this or experienced the same behaviour ?
>
> Sorry for the lack of precisions, but I can’t reproduce the
> problem. It just happened. I first thought it was related to
> pattrstorage as well since it happened when having to save the xml
> file, but it does not seem to be consistent neither. I’m on Mac,
> last OS, last Max, if it helps.

#105693
Jun 5, 2007 at 1:14am

Quote: lists@lowfrequency.or wrote on Mon, 04 June 2007 22:58
—————————————————-
> I see the same behavior with that option checked, was just scratching
> my head about it too. It is very consistent when I change the
> embedded bpatcher. Perhaps this is expected behavior.
>
> Max 1.6.3/Jitter 1.6.3rc1

mm… Ok. At least it’s good to know I’m not the only one in this case. I’ll avoid embedding my patcher, then.

Best,
Julien.

#105694

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.