Forums > MaxMSP

patcher problem

May 27, 2011 | 1:49 pm

hey, I’m having a problem with using the patcher object. Every time i have a sub patch window open it gets mixed up with the master patch. I basically need one patch to be controlled at a time that links back to the master patch, would there be a better object for doing this?

cheers

May 27, 2011 | 2:23 pm

that seems odd… can you post your patch for us to check out?

GW

May 27, 2011 | 2:23 pm

that seems odd… can you post your patch for us to check out?

GW

May 27, 2011 | 2:43 pm

i can, but its to do with reactivision

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactivision/

i have been using the symbols (fiducials) to interact with certain parts of the interface via a webcam. However through the patcher object the camera activates things in the master patcher while the sub patch is still open. This means it swaps between the two patches as a kind of jittering.

do u still want to see the patch?

cheers

May 27, 2011 | 2:43 pm

i can, but its to do with reactivision

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactivision/

i have been using the symbols (fiducials) to interact with certain parts of the interface via a webcam. However through the patcher object the camera activates things in the master patcher while the sub patch is still open. This means it swaps between the two patches as a kind of jittering.

do u still want to see the patch?

cheers

May 27, 2011 | 2:49 pm

ya it might help if you show the patch. Something is making each window ‘active’ so that must be causing the swapping.

GW

May 27, 2011 | 2:49 pm

ya it might help if you show the patch. Something is making each window ‘active’ so that must be causing the swapping.

GW

May 27, 2011 | 2:51 pm

Well a quick thing to try is to take the subpatch that is causing the swapping and put it in a bpatcher.

GW

May 27, 2011 | 2:51 pm

Well a quick thing to try is to take the subpatch that is causing the swapping and put it in a bpatcher.

GW

May 28, 2011 | 12:24 am

hey GW

It looks like i am unable to send the compressed code-its 310 pages in a word document!

ive never used bpatcher before does it allow for every patch to be independent even from the master patch?

cheers

May 28, 2011 | 12:24 am

hey GW

It looks like i am unable to send the compressed code-its 310 pages in a word document!

ive never used bpatcher before does it allow for every patch to be independent even from the master patch?

cheers

May 28, 2011 | 12:32 am

damn!!!

yes bpatcher is like using an abstraction. you can add arguments in the inspector and even get data/audio/video in/out of it via inlets/outles.

check out the tutorial and see if it will do the job.
GW

May 28, 2011 | 12:32 am

damn!!!

yes bpatcher is like using an abstraction. you can add arguments in the inspector and even get data/audio/video in/out of it via inlets/outles.

check out the tutorial and see if it will do the job.
GW

May 28, 2011 | 1:16 am

hey GW,

so i had a look at both bpatcher and poly, they both seem to have a situation whereby the abstractions/sub-patches contained within, are active at the same time as the main patch which means that all patches run together. I need a main patch that when its sub patch is activated, it (as a master patch) becomes inactive in preference to its sub-patch.

Is there a more appropriate object for such a task?

cheers

it would seem that in all cases the master patch has to be open in order for the sub patch to be open

May 28, 2011 | 1:16 am

hey GW,

so i had a look at both bpatcher and poly, they both seem to have a situation whereby the abstractions/sub-patches contained within, are active at the same time as the main patch which means that all patches run together. I need a main patch that when its sub patch is activated, it (as a master patch) becomes inactive in preference to its sub-patch.

Is there a more appropriate object for such a task?

cheers

it would seem that in all cases the master patch has to be open in order for the sub patch to be open

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)