Forums > MaxMSP

pattr for "morphing" between (multiple) dial values?

October 11, 2008 | 9:50 am

Hi there,

Im making presets to some synths (storing dial values), and want to be able to morph between them.

Walk me through this and make my day :)

Cheers

October 11, 2008 | 12:38 pm

Hi,

I’ve tried to annotate the below as fully as possible. It’s only really rehashing what’s already in the help file, but hopefully helps you understand the basics.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

George

October 11, 2008 | 2:50 pm

Have a look to recall, fade and recallmulti messages. One of them
probably do what you need.

ej

On 11 oct. 08, at 02:50, marlon brando wrote:

>
> Hi there,
>
> Im making presets to some synths (storing dial values), and want to
> be able to morph between them.
>
> Walk me through this and make my day :)
>
>
>
> Cheers

October 11, 2008 | 5:39 pm

Now comes the fun part, where you get to decide how you are going to control the "morph". I usually lean on Jitter a bit for this sort of stuff, generating interpolation maps and other tools to define the weight of each preset.

Have fun.

Andrew B.

October 11, 2008 | 8:05 pm

Quote: andrewb@cycling74.com wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 11:39
—————————————————-
> Now comes the fun part, where you get to decide how you are going to control the "morph". I usually lean on Jitter a bit for this sort of stuff, generating interpolation maps and other tools to define the weight of each preset.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Andrew, that sounds very interesting. Can you post some examples
of this?

October 11, 2008 | 11:44 pm

There’s a bunch of stuff on using a matrix to store parametric data in the Noisy Matrix article I wrote for the website awhile back, and I think there is a Jitter Recipe that shows using a matrix as a data storage container. It could be as simple as using "getcell" messages on a jitter matrix that has a loaded interpolation image. Most recently I’ve been working with the attached patch/JSUI to generate interpolation maps. It’s a little tweaky, but you should get the picture.

Andrew B.

FP
October 12, 2008 | 9:58 pm

maybe check this : http://www.pan-etc.net/res/dev/Preset.zip

elt@altern.org
http://pan-etc.net

October 13, 2008 | 10:55 am

Quote: andrewb@cycling74.com wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 17:44
—————————————————-
> There’s a bunch of stuff on using a matrix to store parametric data in the Noisy Matrix article I wrote for the website awhile back, and I think there is a Jitter Recipe that shows using a matrix as a data storage container. It could be as simple as using "getcell" messages on a jitter matrix that has a loaded interpolation image. Most recently I’ve been working with the attached patch/JSUI to generate interpolation maps. It’s a little tweaky, but you should get the picture.
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Hi,

I did not buy Jitter, I thought it was only about visuals, and I am only producing music ( Im not into interactive installations etc). Am I still missing out?

Should I buy it?

Cheers

October 13, 2008 | 11:16 am

—————————————————-
> There’s a bunch of stuff on using a matrix to store parametric data in the Noisy Matrix article I wrote for the website awhile back, and I think there is a Jitter Recipe that shows using a matrix as a data storage container. It could be as simple as using "getcell" messages on a jitter matrix that has a loaded interpolation image. Most recently I’ve been working with the attached patch/JSUI to generate interpolation maps. It’s a little tweaky, but you should get the picture.
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Great work !

October 13, 2008 | 3:34 pm

—————————————————-
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Thanks Andrew, I will study it.

October 13, 2008 | 3:57 pm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)