pattr for "morphing" between (multiple) dial values?

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:50am

pattr for "morphing" between (multiple) dial values?

Hi there,

Im making presets to some synths (storing dial values), and want to be able to morph between them.

Walk me through this and make my day :)

Cheers

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:38pm

Hi,

I’ve tried to annotate the below as fully as possible. It’s only really rehashing what’s already in the help file, but hopefully helps you understand the basics.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

George

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:50pm

Have a look to recall, fade and recallmulti messages. One of them
probably do what you need.

ej

On 11 oct. 08, at 02:50, marlon brando wrote:

>
> Hi there,
>
> Im making presets to some synths (storing dial values), and want to
> be able to morph between them.
>
> Walk me through this and make my day :)
>
>
>
> Cheers

Oct 11, 2008 at 5:39pm

Now comes the fun part, where you get to decide how you are going to control the “morph”. I usually lean on Jitter a bit for this sort of stuff, generating interpolation maps and other tools to define the weight of each preset.

Have fun.

Andrew B.

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:05pm

Quote: andrewb@cycling74.com wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 11:39
—————————————————-
> Now comes the fun part, where you get to decide how you are going to control the “morph”. I usually lean on Jitter a bit for this sort of stuff, generating interpolation maps and other tools to define the weight of each preset.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Andrew, that sounds very interesting. Can you post some examples
of this?

Oct 11, 2008 at 11:44pm

There’s a bunch of stuff on using a matrix to store parametric data in the Noisy Matrix article I wrote for the website awhile back, and I think there is a Jitter Recipe that shows using a matrix as a data storage container. It could be as simple as using “getcell” messages on a jitter matrix that has a loaded interpolation image. Most recently I’ve been working with the attached patch/JSUI to generate interpolation maps. It’s a little tweaky, but you should get the picture.

Andrew B.

Oct 12, 2008 at 9:58pm
Oct 13, 2008 at 10:55am

Quote: andrewb@cycling74.com wrote on Sat, 11 October 2008 17:44
—————————————————-
> There’s a bunch of stuff on using a matrix to store parametric data in the Noisy Matrix article I wrote for the website awhile back, and I think there is a Jitter Recipe that shows using a matrix as a data storage container. It could be as simple as using “getcell” messages on a jitter matrix that has a loaded interpolation image. Most recently I’ve been working with the attached patch/JSUI to generate interpolation maps. It’s a little tweaky, but you should get the picture.
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Hi,

I did not buy Jitter, I thought it was only about visuals, and I am only producing music ( Im not into interactive installations etc). Am I still missing out?

Should I buy it?

Cheers

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:16am

—————————————————-
> There’s a bunch of stuff on using a matrix to store parametric data in the Noisy Matrix article I wrote for the website awhile back, and I think there is a Jitter Recipe that shows using a matrix as a data storage container. It could be as simple as using “getcell” messages on a jitter matrix that has a loaded interpolation image. Most recently I’ve been working with the attached patch/JSUI to generate interpolation maps. It’s a little tweaky, but you should get the picture.
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Great work !

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:34pm

—————————————————-
>
> Andrew B.
—————————————————-

Thanks Andrew, I will study it.

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:57pm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.