Forums > MaxMSP

Pattrmarker in abstractions

October 11, 2013 | 10:07 am

I’ve been searching the forum for a resolution to a scope issue I’m having. I have a set of leds in two separate places (sub-abstractions), and they stay in sync using a pattrmarker system. These subabstractions are within an abstraction themselves.It works great when the upper abstraction is by itself, but as soon as I introduce copies of the abstraction into my main patch, the pattrmarker is accessing all the occurrences it finds, and this is not desirable. I want each main abstraction to be a silo unto itself within the main patch.

Pattrmarker is global, but I need to limit the scope to each main abstraction within the main patch.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is there another way to keep those leds in sync and in isolation across each of these separate silo abstractions within the main patch ?

I’ll put together an example patch later this evening as a technology demonstrator, but until then, I would Love to hear some thoughts on this

There’s a monster thread I found which might address this issue partially, or it might not at all. It’s so lengthy, . . .

October 12, 2013 | 3:47 am

Try using pattrstorage and autopattr, then everything can have a unique name in the inspector and shouldn’t clash with each other with using nested abstractions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)