pattrstorage and auto-saving presets of many instances

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:31am

pattrstorage and auto-saving presets of many instances

I built a M4L MIDI device. It can and should be used in many tracks.

Now, I want to auto-save the state of the patchers when I close my Live session. I’m doing this with a pattrstorage object and a preset bound to it.

Problem is that I need a unique name (varname) for each single pattrstorage object so that presets are stored transparently when I quit live or close a session. How do I *read* the name/scripting name from a pattrstorage object (to tell the preset which pattrstorage to bind to)?

Or is there some generalized way to do this in live even without saving addtl. files to disk?

TIA,
best regards,
Christoph

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:16pm

Doesn’t work the way I intended, but just for the record: The message I was looking for is ‘getname’.

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:26am

I know this is an old post but for [pattrstorage] to save its preset data with the patch per instance automatically on not on disk (json/xml) is to set its attributes

@parameter_enable 1 (Parameter Mode Enable ON)
@paraminitmode 1 (Auto-update Parameter Initial Value ON)
and ‘Initial Enable’ ON

The initial preset files saved with the patch in Max will be stored with it for every new instance, albeit every new preset stored on the UI in Ableton will be part of the very device only and duplicates of the M4L-patch in a set only share the initial presets saved in Max, allowing the storage of their own presets which they save automatically and not to disk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.