pattrstorage and multiple abstractions.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:24am

pattrstorage and multiple abstractions.

Hello everyone.

I am looking for a way to save and recall GUI object states in a number of bpatchers within a holding patch. I’ve been trying to make this work with the pattr objects, but I’ve come up against a problem. The bpatchers are multiple instances of one abstraction, so the GUI elements within have scripting names prefixed with ‘#0′. With an autopattr object in the abstraction and a pattrstorage object in the holding patch, I can save and load states no problem, but when the patch is closed and reopened, all the #0 numbers are reassigned which renders the stored data useless.

Any idea about how to tackle this?

Thanks,
Yeter

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:33am

If you provide a unique argument/name (via bpatcher inspector)to each bpatcher instance and use #1 (corresponding to the first argument to the bpatcher) as a prefix to the autopattr id (rather than #0) then pattrstorage should see and recall each autopattrs data reliably. I can’t recall for certain now, but it may be that case that you may also/alternatively need to identify the objects whose data you wish to recall in their scripting name field in the inspector (ie #1_slider) etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.