pattrstorage connect to autopattr in parent?

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:34pm

pattrstorage connect to autopattr in parent?

I’m trying to connect a [pattrstorage] in a subpatcher to an [autopattr] in the parent. Is there some sort of “bindto” function that will allow this? Thanks.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:34pm

… I’m also searchin a similar thing:

- Any possibility to let a pattrstorage+autopattr in a bpatcher access scripted objects in parent?

In other words:

- Is it possible to let a pattrstorage within a bpatcher act on the same hierachical level the bpatcher was created? (would be a bpatcher which is not a subpatch but just a grouped area on the parent-level…)

the “embed patcher in parent” in parent doesn’t move its contents on the parent’s level…

any idea?

thx,
johann

Mar 18, 2009 at 9:58pm

I thought maybe “subscribe” would work, but in further reading, it looks like it doesn’t work upward. I just went ahead and did a workaround by using inlets and outlets out to the parent patcher.

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:38am

hm…
in my case, I always have to use a bunch of objects on the top-level-patcher (including global-preset-system, database, fileinfo, etc…) and it just would be lovely to collect them all in a single bpatcher being on the same top-level-patcher-hierarchie… didn’t find any solution yet –
pattr- and patcher system always go downwards. Is there any breakthrough?
thx,
johann

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:51pm

any news on this subject?
I still need it and it would be great to have something like:

[autopattr @parent 1]

Future Feature, Cycling?

thx, johann

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:07pm

+1

[pattrstorage] and [autopattr] should both accept a @patcher arg just like [pattrhub] does. So you could throw them in a subpatcher, pass ‘@patcher parent’ to both, and cleanly manage whatever patcher the subpatcher is dropped into.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.