pattrstorage – order of save and recall

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:47pm

pattrstorage – order of save and recall

i am using pattrstorage to save and recall presets for a patch with numerous sub patches, employing the autopattr object. i would like to force the save and recall of settings for one subpatch before another, but at the moment it shows up after when i double click and open the patterstorage object. is there a way to change the order in which settings for subpatches are stored in the pattrstorage object when using autopattr?

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:12pm

maybe i misunderstand. but the ‘order’ section in that window is what you want, and also the linear/exp/thresh settings. order starts at 0.

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:36pm

thanks for the reply pid. i think what you are referring to is the ‘priority’ column in the pattrstorage client window. it appears i can change the priority – and thus the order – of recalling preset data within particular hierarchical level (e.g., within a particular subpatch), but i do not have priority values i can change at the subpatch level.

i have attached a screen shot of a portion of my pattrstorage client window to illustrate my issue. at the top of the image you can see settings for an individual “row” (row[6] which is actually the 7th row as they start at row[0]) for row mode (7-row-mode) among other things. at the bottom of the image you can see a setting “row-mode” under the heading “row-settings.” the second of these is the global setting, which i want to have loaded first, then have this setting be loaded for each row.

[attachment=170939,2627]

Attachments:
  1. rowsettings.JPG
Sep 15, 2011 at 7:28pm

hi. the order they appear in in the list has no bearing. it is just those order numberings. so, name what you want to come first ’0′, even if it is in a subsubsubnested patcher, and name what you want to come after ’1′, wherever it is in the patcher hierarchy. etc etc. did you try it? works for me every time.

careful with your ‘interp’ settings – for toggles etc ‘thresh’ is very important (0.1 or 0.5 or 0.9 etc?) – think about backwards and forwards recalls.

sorry if i am still misunderstanding you.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:42pm

thanks again pid. with your help – and some trial and error – i figured it out. even though the highest (left most) level in my pattrstorage hierarchy showed no numbers (see above picture), i was able to set numbers for priority and change the order.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:10pm

ah yes, now i understand. patchers get listed, but not numbered, as it is the parameters themselves that matter with regards order. glad you sorted it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.