Forums > MaxMSP

pattrstorage question: adding clients dynamically?

April 12, 2010 | 5:06 pm

i have a pattrstorage in my main patch, and i’m dynamically creating copies of a patch with a pattr inside…
only problem is the clientlist doesnt update in pattrstorage. is there a message i have missed which will update / rescan available clients?

thanks

justin


April 13, 2010 | 3:00 pm

here’s an example of the problem i am facing, please download the zip files for main patch and sub-patcher.

essentially, my question is: how do you update the client list in pattrstorage if your patch uses scripting to create new sub-patchers with pattrs? is this even possible?

one thing i have noticed is that if i recreate the pattrstorage after dynamically creating subpatches then the clientlist updates… but that seems like it could throw up other problems < ?>

thanks

j


April 13, 2010 | 3:40 pm

I think you forgot the [autopattr] in your pattrclone abstraction

hope this helps

léo


April 13, 2010 | 3:54 pm

thanks léo,

i didnt think autopattr would be necessary, if i’m using a [named] pattr… but that doesnt seem to work anyway.
i just tried it and i get error msg in max window:

object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj


April 14, 2010 | 5:20 pm

I can reproduce it. The strange thing is that it works with named ui object, that’s maybe a workaround.
See example attached

note : pattr objects can not be seen by a parent pattrstorage if there’s no autopattr object in the abstraction (that’s not true for simple subpatches)


April 15, 2010 | 8:48 am

leo,

if it works with named ui objects, then its looking more and more like a bug…
can someone from c74 verify?

thanks,

j


April 20, 2010 | 1:42 pm

c74 support are looking into this, and have suggested sending: "subscribemode 0" to pattrstorage to update the clientlist. i have tested this and it works on my system.

j


August 8, 2013 | 8:56 am

Three years later, difference person, different place, but same error message, this time 18 times :

object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj
object_attr_enforcelocal: could not enforce restore in newobj

If it’s a bug, it’s still in there ! :-)


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)