pattrstorage refuses different interp-modes

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:06pm

pattrstorage refuses different interp-modes

In my patch I perfectly can morph pattrstorage between different stores, but why the interp message has no effect, whatever I try?

Thanks for all help
Peter

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Oct 12, 2013 at 2:22pm

you forgot the scripting name of your slider:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:59am

Thanks. That really helps.
But it also raises the next question:
What if I want to change the interp-mode for a lot of sliders? Do I have to name them all in their own interp message?

Thanks a lot again.
Peter

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:57pm

yes, but you can use uzi with combine, prepend etc to construct sequenced messages, or have your commands in a coll, again access them with uzi, or dump. naming your sliders sequentially, ie name[1], name[2] etc also helps

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:56pm

or you can just double-click pattrstorage and change all the ones you want set to something other than linear. It only takes a few seconds, typically.

Normally you wouldn’t dynamically switch interp modes, I think. But then again, this is max, we come here for the complicated stuff, right? X)

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:26am

Thanks to you.
And indeed, normally you wouldn’t change interp on the fly. But yes, I want to do that, so my moving lights can have nicer curves for different moves. And intensity curves of lights can be adapted to the kind of light. And indeed. That is why this is MAX. And that is why I like it.
And yes, in the mean time I programmed a workaround to automize this interp settings using a message-list containing the different aliases and iter to trigger them into a sprint.

But again, thanks for all your help.

Peter

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:40am

So you’re changing it for *all* the lights each time, or is it just for some?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.