pattrstorage responds slower with each recall of parameters

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:08am

pattrstorage responds slower with each recall of parameters

hi,

i made a parameter recovery thingy with pattrstorage in M4L
i have used a js-script to communicate to the Live-API to set the parameters instead of the live.object. because, for some reason this prevents the live.parameters from being logged into the undo-history as opposed to using the live.object

the Live set has 24 M4l devices with this pattr-preset system and a master M4L device to recall all the 24 devices parameters.
this master can listen to Clip Names on it’s channel to recall preset entries so i can incorporate it in a Clip structure

actually, it’s kinda like the Kapture device from Liine: http://liine.net/en/products/kapture/
but, for the project im working on i had to customize some things so i picked it up myself (with some help of the liine guys!! :)

this whole system is quite slow, as there are about 24 x 68 parameters to recover with each preset recall
which is fine, i understand that it’s a lot of data…
but, i just did some test on the consistency of recall timing and here i found out that after loading the liveset the time it takes for a preset to be restored is about 4 seconds. the next recall adds +/- 200ms, and the next again adds +/-200ms, and the next also, and the next also
after a while it took about 19seconds to recall that long string of parameters, while when i’ve just loaded the liveset this is 4seconds!!??!

anybody got any thoughts about this??

thanks
luc

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:15pm

Let’s have a look at the js? If you are redeclaring API objects each time, for instance, it’s bound to be decreasing your efficiency. Personally, I’ve not recognized this problem and I have some patches that use this pattr/API functionality a great deal.

a

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:52pm

hi a,

here’s the js:

========

function zetten(a, b, c)
{
var api = new LiveAPI(this.patcher, “live_set”, “tracks”, a, “devices”, 0, “parameters”, b);
api.set(“value”, c);
}

========

as you can see, it’s totally simple
it just runs this couple of lines a lot of times whenever it recalls the parameters, as for each parameter it runs a list of 3 numbers into the js-object

+
thanks for the reply

luc

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.