Pattrstorage storing pattrstorage-data in subpatchers.

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:20pm

Pattrstorage storing pattrstorage-data in subpatchers.

Well, basically the subject says it..

I would be very happy if I could store the preset-data of several pattrstorage-objects within subpatchers in one big xml file, created by a pattrstorage-object in the parent patch.

Of course, I could just save a bunch of xml files… but I don’t want to!

Is this possible within the pattrstorage-architecture?

– Tb

Nov 6, 2006 at 9:31pm

just put this attribbute in th pattrstorage in the parent patcher : @greedy 1

or send the pattrstorage a ‘greedy 1′ message… Documented in the help file ;=)

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:18pm

That’s true,

But I don’t just want the “client window” data of the subpatch-pattrstorage-objects to be saved. I also want the “storage window” data to be saved. Then I would be able to recall the different presets of the different pattr-storage objects in different subpatches, and all this data would be saved in one nice big xml file.

I don’t think the “greedy 1″ attribute will do! (or perhaps I’m just doing something very wrong…?)

– tb

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:25pm

true, that would be a nice feature

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:45pm

Quote: Tarik wrote on Mon, 06 November 2006 16:18
—————————————————-
> That’s true,
>
> But I don’t just want the “client window” data of the subpatch-pattrstorage-objects to be saved. I also want the “storage window” data to be saved. Then I would be able to recall the different presets of the different pattr-storage objects in different subpatches, and all this data would be saved in one nice big xml file.
>
> I don’t think the “greedy 1″ attribute will do! (or perhaps I’m just doing something very wrong…?)
>
> – tb
—————————————————-

Is this still the case? Is it impossible to store a pattrstorage’s storage data within a ‘master’ pattrstorage, one level up?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.