Permanent object annotation for abstractions?

May 21, 2013 at 8:23am

Permanent object annotation for abstractions?

Hi – is there a way of creating a default annotation for abstractions which is saved with the abstraction?

Let me clarify: if you hover over a standard MAX object you will see it’s ‘annotation’ in the status bar. For standard Max objects you can override the standard annotation by adding an annotation for this specific instance of the object in your patcher. I really like the way this works.

I’d like to do the same for my abstractions, so that each of them have a default annotation that is saved with the abstraction. Is that possible?

If that’s not possible – as an alternative to using annotations to get pop-up information on abstractions, is there an easy way to access the ‘digest’ or ‘description’ information of an abstraction?

Thanks!

May 24, 2013 at 9:17am

anyone?

May 25, 2013 at 5:14pm

as an alternative to using annotations to get pop-up information on abstractions, is there an easy way to access the ‘digest’ or ‘description’ information of an abstraction?

I put comments and annotations inside my abstractions – meaning that I can double-click to get to them.

I think the feature of “abstractions saved with an annotation load that annotation as default” would be neat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.