pfft~ for independent pitch processing?

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:35am

pfft~ for independent pitch processing?

Hello

Does anyone have ideas on how to modify the pitch of a sample independently of time i.e., change the pitch without speeding up playback? I’m guessing I would use pfft~ to modify the spectral information but I can’t find anything in the manual that demonstrates how to do this. I’m sure I’m not the first to ask this so if anyone knows of a good algorithm I would be most interested.

Thanks,

J

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:39am

Yes, you’re right. Take a look at the gizmo~ object. Drop one of those puppies into your pfft~, and you’re all set. The gizmo~-help patch shows it in action.

Tim

Quote: neridaj@gmail.com wrote on Mon, 02 April 2007 00:35
—————————————————-
> Hello
>
> Does anyone have ideas on how to modify the pitch of a sample independently of time i.e., change the pitch without speeding up playback? I’m guessing I would use pfft~ to modify the spectral information but I can’t find anything in the manual that demonstrates how to do this. I’m sure I’m not the first to ask this so if anyone knows of a good algorithm I would be most interested.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J
—————————————————-

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:42pm

I guess it’s time to upgrade from 4.3.

Thanks,

J

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:04pm

Actually, if you look in the examples folder, you will find a “time domain transposer patch.” I have used this in the past to good results, in many cases indistinguishable from using gizmo. In your Max directory, examples/effects/pitchshifting-playground.pat.

Quote: neridaj@gmail.com wrote on Mon, 02 April 2007 12:42
—————————————————-
> I guess it’s time to upgrade from 4.3.
>
> Thanks,
>
> J
—————————————————-

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:25pm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.