Forums > Gen

phase drift/offset inside diy gen~ phasor

June 24, 2013 | 9:33 am

Hi
I am using two [accum]‘s inside gen~ to generate a mutable phasor (for a sample-accurate granulator). In pursuit of a polyphonic version I have added + and % to the muting [accum] to give each voice a unique phase position. It seems to work ok, but when I now vary the grain size, the phase positions drift when I’m expecting them to stay fixed. The very simple annotated patch below illustrates the issue. I know that the error lies in my gen~ skills:

"sub" for poly:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

main:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Brendan

June 24, 2013 | 11:21 am

fwiw

I have placed the phase-shifter in a very specific position inside gen~; this is to avoid shifting the zero portion to >0., which will happen when the phasor ramp has the interonset value added to it.

The phase drift seems to be occur when the grain sizes are varied to <20ms – I have my sgvs down to 16 samples, and this makes no difference.

Brendan

June 25, 2013 | 10:48 am

here’s something very similar based on the older ‘gen woes’ thread that does what you want *(i think).

As your patch is so similar, I tried to incorporate my possible solution but I couldn’t get it to work…

the problem seems to lie with the main ‘phasor with mute’ accum object in individual voices not resetting at the same time *after* they’ve been changed.

It might not be what your after, but if you send the "size" parameter as a signal, it will affect all voices regardless of which voice is targeted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)