Forums > MaxMSP

piano note when opening patcher

October 11, 2011 | 11:36 am

hey,
every time i open my patcher, i get a short piano note. i checked with ‘midi monitor’ and there are no midi messages coming in from any other devices.
i’m working with poly~.
Guess it’s difficult to answer without having the patcher, but the patcher is too big to have a look at it.
maybe somebody just had the same problem and could tell me what might be a solution.

thanx so much
cheers
Peer

October 11, 2011 | 12:43 pm

Maybe some loadbangs are to blame? Obviously it’s impossible to tell without seeing it.

October 11, 2011 | 12:55 pm

I’ve experienced the same effect. It was simply caused by a live.numbox connected to makenote.
Remember that live.* GUI objects send their value when the patch is loaded..

October 11, 2011 | 2:32 pm

thanx so far…
i don’t use any live or makenote objects….
the loadbangs on the other hand could be a problem….

October 11, 2011 | 2:52 pm

One way to find out is to copy your file somewhere else, open this temporary file and just start deleting [loadbang]s or [loadmess]‘s and see which one is the culprit.

But yeah, it’s hard to tell without looking at the patcher.

October 11, 2011 | 5:23 pm

Also use arguments whenever possible, like [gate 1 1] saves me oodles of [loadmess 1]‘s in a patch.

For a tight wad of things a loadmess with a list in it followed by an unpack can reduce them too.

October 12, 2011 | 7:19 am

thanx to everybody.
it works just like that like u said: removing objects till it stops. that’s the easiest way i guess.
and yes, i found out the [gate 1 1] thing, too a couple of weeks ago. it makes definitely things easier ;-)
have a great week.
cheers
Peer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)