Picture Troubles

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:26pm

Picture Troubles

When I try to load pictures into the PICT object or any of the picture based control objects the message below appears in the MAX window and the file does not appear. It has not always done this and works fine on other computers with MAX. I have recently reformatted my hard drives, since then this problem has occurred. I have re-installed MAX several times and still it comes up with this message. How do I fix this problem?

error: pictctrl: _doPicture reports -1 loading Drive:/Folder/File.bmp

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:46pm

Quote: Jay Simpson wrote on Fri, 17 March 2006 06:26
—————————————————-
> When I try to load pictures into the PICT object or any of the picture based control objects the message below appears in the MAX window and the file does not appear. It has not always done this and works fine on other computers with MAX. I have recently reformatted my hard drives, since then this problem has occurred. I have re-installed MAX several times and still it comes up with this message. How do I fix this problem?
>
> error: pictctrl: _doPicture reports -1 loading Drive:/Folder/File.bmp
>
—————————————————-

bump

Mar 20, 2006 at 6:45pm

did you change the name of your hard drive?

Mar 23, 2006 at 10:26pm

Yep, I reformatted, then I made several partitions, one for Install Programs, One for Music, One for Music Tech, etc. But I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it several times, which should reset it, no?

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:31am

the only safe way of loading pictures is
to put them into the search path.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:34pm

Quote: Roman Thilenius wrote on Thu, 23 March 2006 23:31
—————————————————-
> the only safe way of loading pictures is
> to put them into the search path.
—————————————————-

I think I have tried this, by going into the preferences section and select the disk drivee that the picture is on. I have also set the search path as the file itself, with the full destination, and it still doesn’t work. My mind is now melting, help please.

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:57pm

Quote: Jay Simpson wrote on Fri, 24 March 2006 05:34
—————————————————-
> Quote: Roman Thilenius wrote on Thu, 23 March 2006 23:31
> —————————————————-
> > the only safe way of loading pictures is
> > to put them into the search path.
> —————————————————-
>
> I think I have tried this, by going into the preferences section and select the disk drivee that the picture is on. I have also set the search path as the file itself, with the full destination, and it still doesn’t work. My mind is now melting, help please.
—————————————————-

hm, moment, what is when you reselect the source
picture by open file dialog?
it can be quite irritating sometimes when the link
is broken but the inspector shows the right path!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.