pimp my multislider

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:05pm

pimp my multislider

Maybe I’m being lazy but I figured might be able to get straight to the fun part if I used an external.

I’ve been patching to make a multislider quantise its range and effectively its domain using maths and modulo before its fetch message, and also averaging index data so that when the amount of indexs decreases the remaining indexes are in a similar position.
It would also be very cool to be able to use my mouse to select multiple sliders either left, right, top or bottom and move them together keeping their intervals.

Does anything like this exist?

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:41pm

Have you had a look in Matthew Aidekman’s “matsui” javascript library for [jsui]? There might be something there that is of use to you. Perhaps you could post your example patch as I’m not exactly sure what you’re looking to do.

lh

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:00pm

I’m SURE there is a better way of doing this….my attempt is very clumsy – need to get better at list processing….

But, is this sort of what you meant? There is a big bug in it atm which is that after a bar is de-selected and changed, moving the right-hand slider makes it jump back to the its value when it was de-selected.

I could have spent some time sorting that out, but hopefully another member will post back with a better way of doing the whole thing. It’s an interesting idea that could be pretty useful.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Aug 10, 2009 at 4:44am

OK I’ve spent most of the day trying to do this – but it is mind boggling and whenever I think I’m close I get stack over flow and max crashes.

I want repopulate multislider with data based on what is already in there – if I increase the number of sliders – 4 to 8 I’d like slider 1 and 2 to equal what slider 1 was and 3 and 4 to equal what 2 was etc. But continuing so that if i went from 1 slider to 384 sliders they would all be equal.
Conversely if I decrease the amount of sliders I’d like to average multiple sliders to populate the new ones.

I haven’t even included my attempts in this patch as they were very clunky and didn’t even work – i’d connected all sorts of counters uzis zls etc .
But here is how I intend to implement it – it’s really just a midi control interface.

And Tim – thanks i’m sure that will work great – but at the moment I trying to get the quantisation stuff sorted.
Vic

ps. I think I’ve spent too long on this I couldn’t find how to save the patch as text for the forum.

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:42pm

Typically – I worked out a solution almost right after last posting – simply a scale object rather than a spider web of assorted objects. Funnily enough I seem to have accidently created a pseudo median of sliders when switching to less sliders.

While making it I was using an uzi to test by sending 384 (4 bars of midi tics) bangs through it. However this is quite stop start. Now I’m using a metro or midi tics, – because I’m not using a dump out I have to wait for it to go full cycle before it properly memorizes the data.
Any advice on the best way to fix this?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.