play mp3 in msp

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:46am

play mp3 in msp

#34130
Oct 11, 2007 at 12:34pm

#114718
Oct 11, 2007 at 12:44pm

hi gary,

thank you for your reply.

i’m afraid your solution will not permit to play different mp3′s on different channels. if i have 4 mp3′s playing at the same time they’ll all go out on channel 1 and 2 since system output is stereo by default… :-(

thanks anyways,
robin

#114719
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:04pm

On 11 oct. 07, at 13:46, robin.meier wrote:
> how can i play mp3 files in msp?
> i need to play multiple mp3 files synchronously and route the audio
> to different outputs on my motu828. i am limited to 1 machine
> (newly bought mac mini 10.4, qt7)

> – buffer~ / import : freezes interface when importing. audio
> playback not always stable whilst importing another buffer~ (maybe
> just on my machine?)

Another possibility would be to convert them first to aiff with QT or
so and then use sfplay~.

Roby

#114720
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:10pm

#114721
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:11pm

Hi there, dear Ronald !

Is there a possibility for Cycling to have some kind of qt.sound~ ?
Can someone tell me if the Quicktime API let me get the audio samples
as jit.qt.movie does with video ?

I can offer a MacDonald’s menu at the Jaures’ metro station in Paris.

cheers,

O./

#114722
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:17pm

i would throw in a couple of buckets of chicken wings too!

#114723
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:25pm

On 11 oct. 07, at 14:44, robin.meier wrote:

> i’m afraid your solution will not permit to play different mp3′s on
> different channels. if i have 4 mp3′s playing at the same time they’ll
> all go out on channel 1 and 2 since system output is stereo by
> default… :-(

If you know in advance on which channels the mp3 should be played, it
is possible with QuickTime Pro to change the channel assignment.

_____________________________
Patrick Delges

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl

http://www.crfmw.be/max

#114724
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:32pm

oh, interesting! do you happen to know of any way to change channel assignment dynamically?

thanks a lot!
robin

#114725
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:41pm

Hi,

perhaps using Supercollider controlling it from Max/Msp ?

All the best


Alessandro Fogar

http://www.fogar.it

2007/10/11, robin.meier :
>
> yeah, but that workaround won’t help me. i got +30’000 mp3′s to more or less randomly choose from.
>
> the import / buffer~ solution seems useless too. when importing, everything locks up and even playback is unstable. i would constantly need to import 4 mp3 files at the same time, 24/7…
>
> thanks for the help so far, further advice welcome!
> robin
>

#114726
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:52pm

On 11 oct. 07, at 15:10, robin.meier wrote:

> yeah, but that workaround won’t help me. i got +30’000 mp3′s to more
> or less randomly choose from.

4 iPod shuffle ?

_____________________________
Patrick Delges

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl

http://www.crfmw.be/max

#114727
Oct 11, 2007 at 2:29pm

On 11 oct. 07, at 15:32, robin.meier wrote:

>
> oh, interesting! do you happen to know of any way to change channel
> assignment dynamically?

I briefly looked in QTPro’ AppleScript dictinnary and couldn’t find
anything related, but I’m really not an AS guru.

_____________________________
Patrick Delges

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl

http://www.crfmw.be/max

#114728
Oct 11, 2007 at 3:09pm

merci patrick, i couldn’t find anything either…

alessandro, i don’t know supercollider well enough. do you know of a way to play mp3′s in sc?

max almighty… just play an mp3… please?

#114729
Oct 11, 2007 at 3:30pm

Robin,

> alessandro, i don’t know supercollider well enough. do you know of a way to play mp3′s in sc?

There’s an extension in Supercollider to play mp3 but if you are new
to Supercollider it could be not so easy to do what you want…

I think that there’s an MP3 player in lloopp (based on Max/Msp) but it
use a sort of external quicktime application so probably you’ll have
the same problems, don’t know enough about this.

http://lloopp.klingt.org/start.html

Sorry…

All the best


Alessandro Fogar

http://www.fogar.it

#114730
Oct 11, 2007 at 3:35pm

Hi,

lloopp uses jit.qt.movie so no joy …

All the best


Alessandro Fogar

http://www.fogar.it

2007/10/11, Alessandro Fogar :
> Robin,
>
> > alessandro, i don’t know supercollider well enough. do you know of a way to play mp3′s in sc?
>
> There’s an extension in Supercollider to play mp3 but if you are new
> to Supercollider it could be not so easy to do what you want…
>
> I think that there’s an MP3 player in lloopp (based on Max/Msp) but it
> use a sort of external quicktime application so probably you’ll have
> the same problems, don’t know enough about this.
>
> http://lloopp.klingt.org/start.html
>
> Sorry…
>
> All the best
>
> –
> Alessandro Fogar
>
> http://www.fogar.it
>

#114731
Oct 12, 2007 at 3:44am

only reason i’m mentioning this is because you put it in your list in the original post so…
the mspinky externals are grrreat for playing mp3′s.
no delay in loading, output can be routed anywhere like any msp~ signal, can be controlled in many different ways, etc.

the guy that runs mspinky seems like a real amicable fellow, so you might can convince him to sell you the externals without the hardware at a discount, if they don’t already offer that.

just a suggestion.
-rob

#114732

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.