Playing sound through Internal speakers

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:53pm

Playing sound through Internal speakers

Hello world.

Been using max/msp 5 for a few months, and I just was wondering. Is there any way to play the internal “beeps” and “boops” that you would expect out of a desktop PC during startup. Like the sound based error codes the motherboard will produce if something is not attached properly?

I remember writing a program that did this in pascal a long time ago, but is there any way to do it in max?

I did a bit of searching and was unable to find an answer.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:59pm

Quote: Video. wrote on Mon, 24 November 2008 13:53
—————————————————-
> Hello world.
>
>
> Been using max/msp 5 for a few months, and I just was wondering. Is there any way to play the internal “beeps” and “boops” that you would expect out of a desktop PC during startup. Like the sound based error codes the motherboard will produce if something is not attached properly?
—————————————————-

There’s an object to do it on Mac:

http://www.iamas.ac.jp/~aka/max/#aka_systemsound

What’s your platform?

mz

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:05pm

great thanks for that!

I’m running msp on my Macbook pro , leopard , but I would like to export the max patch to an exe file and run it on some intel and amd based PC’s running windows XP

is that too much of a mess? Im thinking it wouldn’t work cross platform, correct?

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:23pm

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:47pm

thanks for the suggestion, but it wouldn’t be practical within my project. I have 12 or so PC’s laying around , none of which have screens or speaker systems, I was trying to get around needing screens /speakers to create the piece.

I might just program in a different language because I was really hoping to write some code that would generate some internal noise that would perpetually be changing in pattern / rhythm

if anyone else has suggestions please let me know

thanks again

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.