Forums > MaxMSP

Please Help with Slider input and out for ableton i am having a conflict

March 1, 2011 | 6:19 pm

I am trying to have a slider where if in ableton i move the slider with the mouse the slider in max will move and also moving the slider in max with the mouse will move the slider in ableton. With this patch when i move the slider it behaves erratically and just starts bouncing up and down and i can stop it unless i cut the patch cord on the inlet or outlet. a little confused any help would be much appreciated. maybe i need a scale but how would i implement that if needed. also i am receiving and sending a float of 0. 1.

Thanks

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 1, 2011 | 10:51 pm

Something like that?:

March 1, 2011 | 11:39 pm

very interesting i should have mentioned that this will be a stand alone max patch outside of ableton.

basically something like this

from ableton—>max standalone patch—>MMF Fantastick/ipad and vice versa i dont think i can use live objects outside of ableton like the live path and stuff like that. Thanks for you patch though not sure if you understand what i mean though.

March 1, 2011 | 11:40 pm

very interesting i should have mentioned that this will be a stand alone max patch outside of ableton.

basically something like this

from ableton—>max standalone patch—>MMF Fantastick/ipad and vice versa i dont think i can use live objects outside of ableton like the live path and stuff like that. Thanks for you patch though not sure if you understand what i mean though.

March 2, 2011 | 12:31 am

It looks like you are creating a classic feedback loop.
Try this modification of your patch.

March 2, 2011 | 6:44 am

@Broc than you so much I knew I was missing something I really appreciate it. Patch is exactly what I needed worked perfectly.

Thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)