Forums > MaxMSP

Pluggo and Digital Performer transport

wak
April 21, 2006 | 4:18 am

At one point I ran into trouble with a pluggo I was building for use in DP because the processing stopped immediately upon stopping the transport, and because DP did not pass transport info to AU plugins

I abandoned that project then, but I would like to renew work on it if this situation has changed. or if there is some other way to get my pluggo to stop making noise when the transport is stopped.

If anyone has any info on this I would feel indebted. Thank you.

-ian

April 21, 2006 | 6:57 am

same goes for Logic Audio…

Another question ?

Plugphasor~ generates a very unstable ramp in Logic,- I guess this is Logic’s fault since I haven’t noticed the problem in any other hosts ?

Any fixes ?

wak
April 22, 2006 | 6:50 pm

is there a way to allow for reverb tails? maybe this would solve my problem.

Quote: wak wrote on Thu, 20 April 2006 23:18
—————————————————-
> At one point I ran into trouble with a pluggo I was building for use in DP because the processing stopped immediately upon stopping the transport, and because DP did not pass transport info to AU plugins
>
> I abandoned that project then, but I would like to renew work on it if this situation has changed. or if there is some other way to get my pluggo to stop making noise when the transport is stopped.
>
> If anyone has any info on this I would feel indebted. Thank you.
>
> -ian
—————————————————-

April 22, 2006 | 7:23 pm

Quote: wak wrote on Sat, 22 April 2006 12:50
—————————————————-
> is there a way to allow for reverb tails? maybe this would solve my problem.

you can have a reverb tail which plays after a
"sequencer stop" message, but most programs?
track management will cut dsp off as soon as
you jump to another position. (except for
automatic looping of course)

wak
April 23, 2006 | 6:25 pm

Quote: Roman Thilenius wrote on Sat, 22 April 2006 14:23
—————————————————-
> you can have a reverb tail which plays after a
> "sequencer stop" message…

How does this work in DP? Can I tell a host to leave the dsp on until a tail is finished?

To reiterate, currently my pluggo instrument does not work the way I need it to because it’s volume envelope is driven by plugphasor~ which, as I understand it, is designed to return to zero when the transport is stopped. However, DP stops processing when the transport is stopped, thus plugphasor~ stays at the level corresponding to the point in the measure set in the transport. And my pluggo keeps sounding.

please forgive me if I am not being clear enough, and thank you for your response.

-ian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)