Plugins you must have

Oct 16, 2008 at 10:42am

Plugins you must have

Hello all,

After a few hours of messing with this noise patch i am working, with VST capabilities. I felt the need to tell everyone about these great plugins, called ‘SoundHack’

You may or may not know about these plugins. But people who do know them, they are great. The freeware plugins are possibly the move useful plugins i have on my Mac system.
I’m saving up the pennies for the purchasable bundle version which is still cheap for what you get.

http://www.soundhack.com/

You have freeware ready for you to download. There are quite a few in all just for the freeware. But make a great addition to any experimental musicians setup.

Also for another recommendation for plugins is Livecut and Fire from smartelectronix.com

and one last one which is mainly for drum beats and the such is the Effectrix by Sugar Bytes. Great for mangling drum beats up. I have been addicted to this in Logic. But plan to create something nice in Max with it

That was about it. But thought i would just like to share that with you all.

But really SoundHack is great.

#40364
Oct 16, 2008 at 5:39pm

great. thx a lot.

elt@altern.org
http://pan-etc.net

#142714
Oct 17, 2008 at 6:47am

SoundHack has been around for yeeeeeaaaaars.

And it’s awesome.

#142715
Oct 17, 2008 at 6:53am

Aye, true. SoundHack’s been around for a good few years.
I have been using the freeware of SoundHack for a few years myself and plan to buy the proper ones very soon.

Also very true that they are awesome, pure genius. They are actual plugins i love to use and will continue to keep on using. I even have to stop myself from using them on everything sometimes, hahaha

But i think some people don’t know about them, and how great they are.
So just spreading the word, mainly :)

#142716
Oct 17, 2008 at 7:08am

Quote: MuShoo wrote on Fri, 17 October 2008 00:47
—————————————————-
> SoundHack has been around for yeeeeeaaaaars.
>
> And it’s awesome.
—————————————————-

You should check out the three brand new delay plug-ins (if you haven’t already).

They are pretty incredible. And free.

#142717
Oct 18, 2008 at 9:33am

Tom Erbe deserves a lot more attention. His work is fantastic.

#142718
Oct 18, 2008 at 2:37pm

yes all those you mentioned are super !!

and I wont add on tom erbbs soundhack’s , which are superb !!!

for PC users I would also advise the ever so popular db blue glitch vst. which ;I would imagine the plug-in that inspired Effectrix. + it’s free ! Though I was thinking of maybe trying to build something similar with max

if you are one of those sample mangler compulsive types , I remember the Lucifer 2.0 which was cool , but think it might not be available anymore.

Also for PC users , Liveslice ! great stuff that one , shame i’ts only PC !! grrr , also thinking of making a Max version of this for some time ….

Lately I have been playing around with those ohm force plugs which are kind of fun. though a little pricey I think.

#142719
Oct 18, 2008 at 11:43pm

>for PC users I would also advise the ever so popular db blue glitch
>vst. which ;I would imagine the plug-in that inspired Effectrix. +
>it’s free ! Though I was thinking of maybe trying to build
>something similar with max

You mean like this?

http://www.defectiverecords.com/majormalfunction

:-) Sorry, couldn’t resist!

I never released the PC version as I couldn’t get the screen
redrawing to be as smooth as on Mac, but it works quite well on PC
other than that (there’s no Mac-specific externals in it or anything).

Dan

Dan Nigrin
Defective Records
202 Hack / PC-1600 User / VSTi Host / OMS Convert / Jack OS X / Major
Malfunction
http://www.defectiverecords.com

http://www.jackosx.com

#142720
Oct 19, 2008 at 9:47am

My My !! dan

that is pretty sweeeeeettttt !!! will dl today !!!

#142721
Oct 19, 2008 at 11:24pm

You can take a look at these too by Michael Norris
http://www.michaelnorris.info/soundmagicspectral

If you are into strange spectral processings. For Mac only.

#142722
Oct 20, 2008 at 5:08am

Aye, i remember hunting these ones down for a while.
I remember saying to myself ‘i’ll get it later’. But then forgot the plugin site name.

Also that major malfunction is also nice. It and Glitch (PC) are alike. Both really good. Both worth having.
I remember i saw the Major Malfunction one and was about to buy it. But can’t allow myself to splash on plug-ins yet.

But will still get Major Malfunction soon

#142723
Oct 20, 2008 at 5:11am

also as well on the http://www.michaelnorris.info/software.html

He has a good external for Max to have audio units plugins, which is nice. But don’t know whether it can be used for Max 5.

Will test now…

#142724
Oct 20, 2008 at 5:26am

No. It does crash and shut off Max. But i think there is a Max 5 version in the works. Would be nice

#142725
Oct 20, 2008 at 10:02am

Quote: Lewis G. Edwards wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 23:26
—————————————————-
> No. It does crash and shut off Max. But i think there is a Max 5 version in the works. Would be nice
—————————————————-

You can use it but you can’t open the edit window.

#142726
Nov 21, 2008 at 5:45am

Hi,

I have Soundhack application, but never used it as a plugin. Sorry
but could you take me through how to use it in Max5? Which objects do
I use–plugin~? Thanks, mari

On Oct 16, 2008, at 6:42 AM, Lewis G. Edwards wrote:

>
> Hello all,
>
> After a few hours of messing with this noise patch i am working,
> with VST capabilities. I felt the need to tell everyone about these
> great plugins, called ‘SoundHack’
>
> You may or may not know about these plugins. But people who do know
> them, they are great. The freeware plugins are possibly the move
> useful plugins i have on my Mac system.
> I’m saving up the pennies for the purchasable bundle version which
> is still cheap for what you get.
>
> http://www.soundhack.com/
>
> You have freeware ready for you to download. There are quite a few
> in all just for the freeware. But make a great addition to any
> experimental musicians setup.
>
> Also for another recommendation for plugins is Livecut and Fire from
> smartelectronix.com
>
> and one last one which is mainly for drum beats and the such is the
> Effectrix by Sugar Bytes. Great for mangling drum beats up. I have
> been addicted to this in Logic. But plan to create something nice in
> Max with it
>
> That was about it. But thought i would just like to share that with
> you all.
>
> But really SoundHack is great.
> –
> ——
> LGE
> Artist/Producer/Quasi Thinker
> ——
> http://www.myspace.com/lewisgedwards
> Organic Electronic Music
> ——

—————

http://www.marikimura.com

Please visit my NEW Blog: “Extended Violin Diary”

http://subharmonics.blogspot.com/

#142727
Nov 21, 2008 at 7:11am

#142728
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:10am

This is not the Soundhack application-as-a-plugin (I wish!), but a set of VST plug ins based on some of the stuff Soundhack can do – there are some free ones, and some commercial, and they’re at http://www.soundhack.com/freeware.php
As Stefan points out, to use them in Max, you’d use vst~ (or au~ when/if it gets another stable release),
cheers
Roger

— On Fri, 21/11/08, Mari Kimura wrote:

> From: Mari Kimura
> Subject: Re: [maxmsp] Plugins you must have
> Date: Friday, 21 November, 2008, 5:45 AM
> Hi,
>
> I have Soundhack application, but never used it as a
> plugin. Sorry
> but could you take me through how to use it in Max5? Which
> objects do
> I use–plugin~? Thanks, mari
>
>
> On Oct 16, 2008, at 6:42 AM, Lewis G. Edwards wrote:
>
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > After a few hours of messing with this noise patch i
> am working,
> > with VST capabilities. I felt the need to tell
> everyone about these
> > great plugins, called ‘SoundHack’
> >
> > You may or may not know about these plugins. But
> people who do know
> > them, they are great. The freeware plugins are
> possibly the move
> > useful plugins i have on my Mac system.
> > I’m saving up the pennies for the purchasable
> bundle version which
> > is still cheap for what you get.
> >
> > http://www.soundhack.com/
> >
> > You have freeware ready for you to download. There are
> quite a few
> > in all just for the freeware. But make a great
> addition to any
> > experimental musicians setup.
> >
> > Also for another recommendation for plugins is Livecut
> and Fire from
> > smartelectronix.com
> >
> > and one last one which is mainly for drum beats and
> the such is the
> > Effectrix by Sugar Bytes. Great for mangling drum
> beats up. I have
> > been addicted to this in Logic. But plan to create
> something nice in
> > Max with it
> >
> > That was about it. But thought i would just like to
> share that with
> > you all.
> >
> > But really SoundHack is great.
> > –
> > ——
> > LGE
> > Artist/Producer/Quasi Thinker
> > ——
> > http://www.myspace.com/lewisgedwards
> > Organic Electronic Music
> > ——
>
> —————
> http://www.marikimura.com
>
> Please visit my NEW Blog: “Extended Violin Diary”
> http://subharmonics.blogspot.com/
>
>
>

#142729
Nov 22, 2008 at 3:01am

Thanks so much—that’s right, vst~. I’m having a bit of trouble
using vst~ with Max5 but will solve it soon. Thanks again!
mari

On Nov 21, 2008, at 4:10 AM, ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:

> This is not the Soundhack application-as-a-plugin (I wish!), but a
> set of VST plug ins based on some of the stuff Soundhack can do –
> there are some free ones, and some commercial, and they’re at http://www.soundhack.com/freeware.php
> As Stefan points out, to use them in Max, you’d use vst~ (or au~
> when/if it gets another stable release),
> cheers
> Roger

—————

http://www.marikimura.com

Please visit my NEW Blog: “Extended Violin Diary”

http://subharmonics.blogspot.com/

#142730
Nov 23, 2008 at 6:46am

Interesting idea, but how would you use it?

On Nov 21, 2008, at 1:10 AM, ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:

> This is not the Soundhack application-as-a-plugin (I wish!),

Be seeing you

grrr waaa
http://www.grahamwakefield.net

#142731

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.