Forums > Beta

Poke operator within gen~ doesn't respond to channel arguments or inlets?

October 24, 2011 | 5:52 am

Hi, I submitted a bug report, but in case I’m missing something, just wanted to post here to see if there’s a solution I’m not aware of.
Real simple, trying to use poke operator from within gen~ to write to both channels of an external stereo buffer~. But poke within gen~ doesn’t seem to respond to channel number arguments nor inlets.

Check out this patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Let me know if I’m doing something wrong there. (It doesn’t seem to work even if you give it no channel-number argument and use the ‘constant’ operator to designate channels via the third inlet of the poke operator instead.)

October 24, 2011 | 6:19 am

Hi there,

Yes, there’s a bug with poke (and splat) in the Beta. It was fixed this weekend and will be in the next release. Thanks for posting it!

Graham

October 24, 2011 | 6:45 am

Cool, good to know. While i’m asking, within gen~, i should be able to instantiate a constant integer of 2 by creating the operator [i 2] just like i can with [f 2.]?
But I can’t seem to instantiate an object writing [i 2]… only [i] works by itself.
Is this a bug I should bother reporting?
(edit: anyone else feel like doing it? i’m sleepy. :D )

October 25, 2011 | 6:49 pm

Hi,

No need for a bug report on this one – we found it over the weekend too and it has been fixed.

Graham

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)