Forums > MaxMSP

Poly~ send #0-

December 27, 2012 | 7:59 pm

Hi all,

I’m using a poly~with 12 voices. In order to use the voice number of each instance of the poly~, I connected a s #0-instance box at the output of thispoly~. But, strangely, I don’t get the same index to the different s #0-instance in the same poly… so I can’t send the voice number to use it as an index value. I must specify that I have several subpatches in my poly~, but I don’t understand why it should be a problem… Does anyone have a clue ? I added my patch, it’s a little complicated (I also added some abstractions that are necessary to load the patch). Thanks !!

December 27, 2012 | 8:44 pm

Actually I found an explaination: it seems that when you add an abstraction in a poly~the #0 index is not the same… I’m not sure, but I transfered the contents of the abstractions in local patches and it worked.

December 28, 2012 | 4:05 am

it is not the same because you must consider difference poly voices are "different patches".

go in the help file and open the individual windows of the example poly patcher inside.
what you see there, is how you should think of how poly works internally. :)

December 28, 2012 | 4:08 am

one possible solution would be to use #1 inside, and initialize that with a [poly~ mypatch ... args #0]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)