Forums > MaxMSP

Poly~ thispoly~ problem

June 16, 2010 | 10:09 pm

Hi,

When using poly~, i would like to have each voice’s thispoly~ communicate with the patch with the poly~ and show with a 1 or 0 whether it is busy or not. I can use the target message to bang an individual thispoly~ and query it’s state, however i would like to have for instance 10 voices and therefore 10 toggles on the main patch view all hooked up to each individual voices thispoly~ so that i would be able to tell which one is busy and which isn’t. I thought of using the #0 argument on a send, out of thispoly~ but how do i get individual receives for every voice in the main patch?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Patrick M Keenan.

June 16, 2010 | 10:18 pm

I would have the poly [send] a list consisting of two ints, the first being the poly instance, and the second being the busy state.

June 16, 2010 | 11:42 pm

You might find it easier to do this using the busymap message to [poly~] and [unpack] (or possibly go straight into a radiogroup of check boxes) – you can look at the reference file for [poly~] to see how it works…

HTH

Alex

pid
June 17, 2010 | 11:41 am

adam murray has a great little abstraction that does what alex is suggesting, too:

http://compusition.com/web/software/maxmsp/ajm-objects

June 17, 2010 | 7:33 pm

Thanks peeps,

Hadn’t noticed the busymap message, that should do the trick.

Cheers, Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)