Forums > MaxMSP

Poly~ Trouble

July 8, 2008 | 2:55 pm

Hi, so i am in the beginning stages of exploring poly~ and have just attempted to build my first polyphonic synth. For some reason, my poly~ object isn’t switching between voices. ill play a note, and then if that note isn’t done decaying and i play another, the same note gets resounded but with a different velocity. i have an 8 voice argument for my poly~ object. here’s the patch:

(a note on this patch – you need Darwin Grosse’s [ddg.velamp] object to use it. once you have that, just load a sample into the ‘polybuff’ buffer and play).

the voice patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

the main patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 8, 2008 | 5:02 pm

On Jul 8, 2008, at 7:55 AM, Kyle Kaplan wrote:

> Hi, so i am in the beginning stages of exploring poly~ and have just
> attempted to build my first polyphonic synth. For some reason, my
> poly~ object isn’t switching between voices. ill play a note, and
> then if that note isn’t done decaying and i play another, the same
> note gets resounded but with a different velocity. i have an 8 voice
> argument for my poly~ object. here’s the patch:

I didn’t try and debug any actual sound generation, but I did push
things around so that voices are allocated properly:

Top level:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Voice:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com


July 10, 2008 | 3:14 pm

thanks for the patch, chris. still have yet to find my original error but am enjoying your functional patch. the reason i used ddg.velamp instead of adsr is because i was using the synth building tutorial as reference and that’s what darwin grosse uses. i’ll check out adsr tho, i hear much about it and it seems like a pretty simple object.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)