Forums > MaxMSP

Polybuffer~ and standalone

January 11, 2013 | 1:27 pm

Hi everybody,
I know messages have been posted on this subject but I have found no response. So could someone help me to figure out my problem:
I have created a patch which is a kind of sampler, and I use polybuffer~ to load samples. It works fine in Max but when I try to create an application, I’ve an error message like "patati is not a folder". I’ve included all the folder in the script when I ‘ve created the application. So what did I do wrong?
Thanks for your help

January 11, 2013 | 3:54 pm

how do you load the files/folder in polybuffer~?

January 14, 2013 | 8:48 am

Hi Emmanuel,
to load the files in the polybuffer~ I send a string via [prepend readfolder] to [polybuffer~ buffername @embed1]. This string is tne concatenation of the main folder path and the path resulting from the choice of the user.

January 14, 2013 | 9:36 am

I can’t reproduce the issue. Remember that @embed 1 only keeps a reference to the files, they must be in the search path.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 14, 2013 | 9:52 am

In fact, when I load the max patcher, the filepath returned is "Sessions 3:/Footsteps/humain/flat/femme/heels/metal/" for example, but when I create an application the path is only "/humain/flat/femme/heels/metal/" and I don’t know why it is troncated

January 14, 2013 | 11:42 am

I’ve found a solution to my problem (thanks to Korax_ole). this little patch check if you are running a standalone or a max patch. If standalone, we use sendapppath; if max patcher, we use [path] -> [thispatcher]

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=44179

thanks for your help Emmanuel

January 14, 2013 | 3:58 pm

Right, it’s not a patcher anymore but an application so you have to get the path from the sendapppath message.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)