Forums > MaxMSP

polyphonic synth patch duplicate not working?

February 16, 2010 | 5:38 pm

Hi, I’m new to this stuff.

I’m in the process of building a synthesizer in max/msp, and started by using the polyphonic synth patch demonstrated on wikiaudio (http://en.wikiaudio.org/MaxMSP:_polyphonic_synth_patch).

I haven’t really done much to it aside from replaced some sliders with knobs and enlarged the preset selector… however, after saving it (under a new name) and closing it for the night, I came back to it this morning and have no sound. The ezdac is on, but none of the presets are giving me any sound, as they were last night.

Can anyone help me understand why this is, or how to fix it?
Thanks!

February 16, 2010 | 6:40 pm

make sure that the DAC is set to the right driver in DSP status (you might need to toggle between two drivers to kick it into working). also, verify that your preset selections are changing parameters when they are clicked.

also make sure your midi input is working properly, are you getting note and velocity numbers in?

February 16, 2010 | 7:04 pm

so it seems that the preset selections are NOT changing. is it possible that the presets are imbedded within the original patch and cannot be saved separately?

Attachments:
  1. MK1early.txt

February 16, 2010 | 7:22 pm

Without seeing what you did to the patch, we’re playing 20 questions. We don’t for example, know if you’ve followed the instructions and put the subpatches in the same folder as the original patch, we don’t know if you did something like renaming the subpatch, etc.

I think that a bit more to go on would get you better answers. For starters, let’s see just how "minor" those changes you made were….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)