Forums > MaxMSP

prepend mp3 and unjoin

December 16, 2011 | 5:53 pm

I want to be able to load a folder with mp3′s. I can load a folder with WAV for example. But when i add MP3 to the options it doesn’t work.
Also i have a unjoin where i want to see the list in message boxes. Why does it only work with the first message box?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 16, 2011 | 7:31 pm

The filetype is Mp3, not MP3

As far as the unjoin thing goes, umenu does not output a list, so there is a little work to do what i _think_ you want unjoin to do:

December 16, 2011 | 10:02 pm

read "maxfileformats.txt" in Cycling 74 folder for a complete list of the right codes (MooV for .mov, as an example).

December 16, 2011 | 10:37 pm

Can’t find the doc about fileformats…

December 16, 2011 | 11:51 pm

Just to clarify, it is actually "Mp3 ", as file types have to be four characters.

You can see all the Max file formats here:

Max6/Cycling ’74/init/max-fileformats.txt

December 17, 2011 | 1:40 pm

thanks all.
And chris muir that’s perfect! :)

How did you know about
[p list_gather]

since there is nothing written about the list_gather in the help.

December 17, 2011 | 2:09 pm

one more thing,
I use c74, a app for the iphone to have a connection between the iphone and max.
In order to use a sound i have to send a message like this:
sound testSound1 ~/Desktop/bewerkt_stukjes_mp3/06_robert.mp3
(for storing it on the iphone, not for playing).

So making a lot of message boxes is probably a bad idea, it’s better to create a list i suppose.
So atm i try to create a list with all those commands. Is a [umenu] the right type for that? And could someone please look why the second umenu in my list is not working.

December 17, 2011 | 6:51 pm

I didn’t "know" about list_gather, I created that sub-patcher as part of the main patcher, just to encapsulate a bit of functionality.

I’m not sure what you want your second menu to be, but here’s a take at generating the message you need:

December 18, 2011 | 10:01 pm

thanks that is really helpfull.
I changed it a bit. I also added more textboxes. Is there a way to set the all at once with select?
There’s a uzi now also to help with that.

December 18, 2011 | 11:26 pm

December 19, 2011 | 9:11 pm

thank you so much!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)